About 8051 u controller.....................!!

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
What is Maplab & I2c
Its MPLAB an IDE for different assembler,compiler,debugger and many different tools for Microchip's MCU.

About I2C its a communications protocol developed by Philips...
More on I2C http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%C2%B2C

Or you may be referring to ICD2 i.e... In Circuit Debugger 2,its used to debug code for Microchip's MCU as well as to program the MCU.
More on ICD2 : http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en010046

Good Luck

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
A simple RS232 programmer may not work at all
RS232 programmer or serial port programmer may not work, actually it’s not true it will work but I think what t06afre tried to say is a JDM programmer may not work as these type of programmer derive their power supply from serial port and its totally dependent on the signal levels of the serial port, generally earlier PC’s serial ports used standard RS232 type which had -12V for logic high and +12V for logic low and from this voltage JDM derives the 5V for Vdd and a bit more than 12V for Vpp.Now these days many other serial communication protocol came and their signal level also differs like on laptops to save power it use a +5V and -5V or even +3.3V and
-3.3V and at this low voltage the JDM will not work properly as they can’t derive appropriate voltage levels for Vdd and Vpp. Now if the Serial port (RS232) programmer uses an external power supply then it will work without any problem like for example ICD2 from Microchip use Serial Port and use an external power supply.

Good Luck

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Please, clear this....................!!
Simple: GET A PICKIT!

PicKit2 or Pickit3, either is a good choice. The Pickit 3 is newer and can handle most all PICs, the Pickit2 is limited for the 32 bit cores.

A Pickit runs off a USB port, not only programs your device but can power small projects, and can also do debugging on your PIC while it is in your breadboard and running your hardware.

An ICD3 is also a good choice if you have a big budget. Pickits are much cheaper and nearly as good. I have and use both.