AAC moved to a new server

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Hey folks,

I just moved the site over to a much more powerful server, so hopefully load time will decrease for everyone! We are now powered by a 3GHz dualcore processor, with 2GB of ram on a 1000Mbps connection - a nice upgrade from the old server which was a 1.3Ghz Celeron :eek:

If anyone notices any glitches, please let me know. Hopefully this server will be much more stable than the old one.

Cheers!
Rob

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi Rob,

The difference is instantly noticable!! I'm glad we have eventually got round to switching the server over. It will be interesting to see what the other members here at AAC say.

Dave

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Wow! Its sort of like having my cranky old pickup replaced with a snazzy sportscar. (They don't give speeding tickets on the informaiton superhighway, do they?)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Wow! Its sort of like having my cranky old pickup replaced with a snazzy sportscar. (They don't give speeding tickets on the informaiton superhighway, do they?)
They sure do, but its all done by digital-cameras!! (I hope they have speed cameras in the US otherwise this makes no sense!)

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I'm on from a site with a T1 line - it's awesomly faster. Too bad about my dial-up at home....
Ok, so we've found one problem - dial-up (as if we didn't know :D ).

To be fair I always had a decent speed on the AAC site given that I have 2MB broadband, but the difference the server move has made is quite something. I wasn't aware that Rob had intended to update the server hardware this year, so Thanks Rob!

Dave

dragan733

Joined Dec 12, 2004
Hi Dave,

Now with the new sever, we can work :). It is very pleasing now to visit your forum.
Therefore with the old server, and with my ADSL, I measured the times:

Quote: 20s
Back:15s
Click:10s
Post reply:15s
Opening:10s

Now with the new server, and with my ADSL, I measured these times:

Quote: 8s
Back:1s
Click:3s
Post reply:4s
Opening:2s

Regards

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi Dave,

Now with the new sever, we can work :). It is very pleasing now to visit your forum.
Therefore with the old server, and with my ADSL, I measured the times:

Quote: 20s
Back:15s
Click:10s
Post reply:15s
Opening:10s

Now with the new server, and with my ADSL, I measured these times:

Quote: 8s
Back:1s
Click:3s
Post reply:4s
Opening:2s

Regards
Hi dragan733,

Glad to hear that surfing AAC is better for you now since the server changeover. If you notice anything again, let us know.

Dave