AAC Contents Page/Sitemap

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi all,

Some time back it was suggested (by n9352527) that the on-line e-book have a single contents page where all the individual Volumes, Chapters and Sub-chapters can be accessed, to assist with the looking up sections in the e-book.

Recently we added a new sitemap page to the AAC site with links to all sections in one place - the original navigation-pane on the left-hand side is still available as before. Please note that incomplete sections are indentified with the tag "PENDING". Hope this helps navigating around the e-book.

All About Circuits Sitemap.

There are also several updates to AAC e-book in-line with the version at ibiblio.org.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
That is a vast improvement. Kudos to all involved in bringing this feature to the site.

hgmjr
Rob's your man!

He has also implemented a site script that will ensure when new additions to the e-book are made, that the AAC version is automatically and instantly updated.

Dave

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
It's very nice :D

It does make it so much easier to find sections of the book. No more menu drilling or searching for vague keywords. It also helps to see what sections are available on the site.

Thanks!

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
When I go to the sitemap now, the index is shifted left and now collides with the blue of the left margin. This is causing a portion of the links to be obsured in the blue.

Is this just me or has something changed?

hgmjr

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
When I go to the sitemap now, the index is shifted left and now collides with the blue of the left margin. This is causing a portion of the links to be obsured in the blue.

Is this just me or has something changed?

hgmjr
Hi hgmjr,

Yes there is an issue at the moment, you will notice that if you go to one of the pages in the e-book the formatting is all skewed, it is actually better viewed in FF and Opera than IE, but the problem still exists. Rob was playing around with a few features last night and I think this is a hangover from that. I have alerted him to the situation so I hope that this is sorted soon. Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Dave

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
No inconvenience actually. I just happened to be relishing the feature and noticed it was skewed.

I'm sure the problem will be corrected soon with Rob at the helm.

hgmjr

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi hgmjr,

Yes there is an issue at the moment, you will notice that if you go to one of the pages in the e-book the formatting is all skewed, it is actually better viewed in FF and Opera than IE, but the problem still exists. Rob was playing around with a few features last night and I think this is a hangover from that. I have alerted him to the situation so I hope that this is sorted soon. Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Dave
As a follow up to this item: Rob has now corrected the issue (a few errors inthe HTML) and as far as I can see from navigating the site all is well. To come back on topic, the sitemap is now working correctly.

If anyone notices any further problems with formatting on the site please let us know.

Dave

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
That is a really great feature. Thanks for the effort.
Thanks!

I'm trying to get as much site upgrading complete before the onslaught of year-end assignments, essays and exams..which is right about now :eek:

A small re-design was implemented last night - I think it's a little cleaner than before. Any feedback is appreciated.