A successful way to repair FM in the SONY ICF-SW7600

Efarilis

Joined Nov 25, 2023
I had problems with FM in my bought receiver. The tuning and operation of the FM was unstable, especially at frequencies above 100 MHz, noise and wheezing during tuning and listing, bad sensetivity.
Replacing capacitors and cleaning the board is the first priority step for this receiver. However, the problem with the FM usually remains. The reason in my case is the corrosion desoldering of the components located near the T10 coil, namely D10 and D16, in other case may be some nearly components. It is imperative to resolder them. In my case, replacement was not required, only resoldering. In order to do this simply, it is better to remove the coil.
After resoldering, the FM began to work perfectly and stably, it receives even in the “Local” mode.

Attachments

Indiman60

Joined Jan 21, 2021
I had problems with FM in my bought receiver. The tuning and operation of the FM was unstable, especially at frequencies above 100 MHz, noise and wheezing during tuning and listing, bad sensetivity.
Replacing capacitors and cleaning the board is the first priority step for this receiver. However, the problem with the FM usually remains. The reason in my case is the corrosion desoldering of the components located near the T10 coil, namely D10 and D16, in other case may be some nearly components. It is imperative to resolder them. In my case, replacement was not required, only resoldering. In order to do this simply, it is better to remove the coil.
After resoldering, the FM began to work perfectly and stably, it receives even in the “Local” mode.
A VGm2u, Hi. Prashanth from South India. I hv a similar set that has stopped working now but I think any bright guy should be able to put it bk on its feet again. If annoying interested then pz let me know.
Thank you and take care. Bye

Moderator edit: email address removed to avoid spam.