A day of Mourning

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Rif@@ I was watching a special on TV the other day that said the Maldives will be underwater within 20-50 years and that the Maldivian Gov was taking it so serious they were buying massive amounts of land in other countries. Have you heard anything about this or is this discussed there? I ask because I too live at sea level so if the Maldives go under so will we.

PS I didn't see your article the link just went to a news report on how the Maldives want better tourism workers.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I dunno why but I don't believe it the sea would rise to cause us any problem. Don't ask why cause I cannot make u understand.

They were trying to buy Australia too.
I wonder how they would buy any land, cause after they have their accounts full there is nothing left.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
There are, the oceans are certainly rising, thats not up for discussion. Its fact, law, its happening. As for the cause we won't go there because I think that would be considered politics. Man made, natural cycle, everyone has their opinion but the end fact is the earth is warming and the sea is rising. The real question is how fast. Just recently they said its happening much faster then had previously thought.What they thought was gonna take 100 - 150 years is now looking like its gonna happen in 40-50. I'm just wandering if your hearing things about it over there? We hear a little bit here because were at sea level ourselves and will be underwater too. Also that place that has all the ghandila's and canals as streets. Thats supposed to go under before everyone else because their below sealevel.

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/eco-tourism/photos/10-places-to-visit-before-they-vanish/maldives

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I have seen programs where they have built barriers off the coast of
Venice. Google It.....I watch all the nature stuff...(not the sitcoms) and
alot of history. If you watch the shape of states you will see the cable
stations show Washington D.C. now with the missing piece.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There are, the oceans are certainly rising, thats not up for discussion. Its fact, law, its happening. As for the cause we won't go there because I think that would be considered politics. Man made, natural cycle, everyone has their opinion but the end fact is the earth is warming and the sea is rising. The real question is how fast. Just recently they said its happening much faster then had previously thought.What they thought was gonna take 100 - 150 years is now looking like its gonna happen in 40-50. I'm just wandering if your hearing things about it over there? We hear a little bit here because were at sea level ourselves and will be underwater too. Also that place that has all the ghandila's and canals as streets. Thats supposed to go under before everyone else because their below sealevel.

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/eco-tourism/photos/10-places-to-visit-before-they-vanish/maldives
Reminds me of an old saying. God made the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands. It is not a given that all the places under sea level will disappear, though complacency will doom them.