9V DC to 18 or 27V DC

pball

Joined May 17, 2017
Is there any small and hopefully inexpensive device that can step up 9V DC to 18V or 27V?

I built a small sensor tester for a fraction of what they are sold for and it uses three 9V batteries in series to provide 27V. Any voltage between 18 and 27 will work for the sensors this tests. I'd like to improve my tester by reducing the number of batteries needed but this part is outside of electronics knowledge.

pball

Joined May 17, 2017
Thanks for the links, one of those should work great. Sorry it took so long to get back to this, things got busy and this got pushed to the side. The second option is the better of the two as it's smaller and less cost. Unfortunately it costs 2/3rds of what my whole tester does, so we'll see how badly I want to make it smaller.

Standisher

Joined Jan 16, 2015
portpower.jpg

Or if you don't mind waiting for postage, I have found these very good and very cheap . The little DIY portable power supply pictured runs on a 9V battery boosted by one of the modules in the link. It puts out up to about 30V or as little as 1.25V as you wish

Last edited:

pball

Joined May 17, 2017
Thanks Standisher. I managed to find a 5 pack on amazon for $12, which is nearly as cheap per piece as some of the chinese sellers and they'll be here in a few days.