89S52 silicon lab TTL converter UART,

akeepan

Joined Feb 24, 2020
I have got an AT89S52 and a USB to TTL converter. Can anyone help me with programming the AT89S52 with the TTL. I downloaded a lot of IDEs and nothing seem to upload the code to MCU, is there a specific IDE I could use . Some IDEs doesn’t even have option dor 89s52, and do I need to connect the MCU to clocksignal , Rst, ALE pins to be able to program serially. I hadbeeen on this do two days now and no improvement yet. It will be of great help of anyone could guide here. Thanks in advance

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
If you have a standard USB to TTL (Tx and Rx) it won't work. Serial programming is done with SPI. Section 18 of the datasheet goes in to the programming side of things.

Djsarakar

Joined Jul 26, 2020
I have got an AT89S52 and a USB to TTL converter. Can anyone help me with programming the AT89S52 with the TTL. I downloaded a lot of IDEs and nothing seem to upload the code to MCU, is there a specific IDE I could use
I use keil software and willprog programmer software to program AT89S52. I have programmer board but Unfortunately my microcontroller is damaged. When you will open willprog software there is option to select device. You can select device and next autoprogram. All you have done.

I will be happy to help you, can you tell which software you are using, what hardware is available with you

Last edited:

akeepan

Joined Feb 24, 2020
I use keil software and willprog programmer software to program AT89S52. I have programmer board but Unfortunately my microcontroller is damaged. When you will open willprog software there is option to select device. You can select device and next autoprogram. All you have done.

I will be happy to help you, can you tell which software you are using, what hardware is available with you
Thank You I will try that and I use Keil, Silicon Lab IDE, and USB to TTL converter

Djsarakar

Joined Jul 26, 2020
Thank You I will try that and I use Keil, Silicon Lab IDE, and USB to TTL converter
You have not yet mentioned which software you are using to write code?

Which programmer board is available ?

Which programmer software you are using?

To help you, I have to look at the connections , can you post an image of your connection

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
So I cant use my USB to TTL converter in programming 8051? b
Most normally no. There are some that are capable of SPI, but since you were asking if you really needed the clock signal I would assume yours is not capable.

You need some sort of programmer to program an AT89S52. There are several youtube videos of the process using an Arduino to do the programming.

akeepan

Joined Feb 24, 2020
Most normally no. There are some that are capable of SPI, but since you were asking if you really needed the clock signal I would assume yours is not capable.

You need some sort of programmer to program an AT89S52. There are several youtube videos of the process using an Arduino to do the programming.
Thank You, I have seen projects on how to do with Arduino but I wanted to do with the TTL converter since I have got one. Thank You so much, You were so helpful

Djsarakar

Joined Jul 26, 2020
Thank You, I have seen projects on how to do with Arduino but I wanted to do with the TTL converter since I have got one. Thank You so much, You were so helpful
First of all, you should keep some things in head

Which microcontroller are you using? 8051/PIC/AVR/ARM family
8051- AT89C51, P89V51RD2, AT89S52
PIC- PIC16F877A, PIC18F40K80

You should find a compiler that supports your microcontroller?
Keil supports AT89C51, P89V51RD2
MPLAB XC8- PIC16F877A, PIC18F40K80

After that you should write your code on the compiler. When you compile your program, you will get a hex file

Now you need to load hex file into microcontroller.

Do you need cable to establish connection between Micro and PC? Do you have it?

You have to check. Do you have any programmer hardware that supports your microcontroller?

You have to find out programmer software through which you can load hex file from PC to microcontroller.

I think all these are important steps that you should understand, It take time to understand at starting, but I hope you will get success