7-segment displays

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Nice one !!! made me laugh !!!

I know what you mean..

My lighting desk in our upstairs Theatre is a Strand MMS, it is all TTL.
The power supply is 40 Amps @ 5 volts for the logic, 40 Amps @ 5 volts for the panel lamps and + and - 15 volts @ 7 Amps for the analog.

Keeps me nice and warm during the shows in the winter !!! And at 30 years old, I have been told that it is the only one in existance that is still actualy being used in a venue...

The lighting desk that I designed and built for our lower main Theatre is all CMOS (780 I.C's), (lot's of EPROMS as well !!!) pull's 1.2 Amps @ 5 volts for the logic, 200mA @ + and - 12 volts for the analog, and 2 Amps @ 12 volts for the panel lamps...

P.S. just found a couple of 74185's, but I am still not going to use them... I think I will send them to a museum !!!

Good night, see you all tomorrow...

Daniel.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Well, that's why TTL is old and hard. If that table used CMOS tecnology, it wouldn't last 30 years.

Also, I managed to find one 74185 here, in Portugal. Unfortunately that was the last one. But I think they are in stock. I will get some more soon.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Rite..

I am now very frustrated !!!

I have done all the design work, all the PCB lay-out's, the EPROM programming and the whole thing is now working.

No matter what I do , I can not get the PDF's and photo onto this site.
I have gone through the search on FAQ, and it says click on the "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" button !!!

BUT THERE IS NOT ONE!!!!

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP !!!!!

Daniel.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
The 4 digit multiplexed one is done.I have had to design and write softwere for a PIC to program to program the EPROM, as it would take months for me to program it manualy in hex.The reason for this is that each digit has a different block of data within the EPROM.I will program it all up on Monday, and place all the details here soon.Daniel.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Here is the EPROM code for the 4 digit multiplexed BCD decoder.

It is a zipped S2F file.

If enyone wishes to build one of these and does not have EPROM programming equipment, please contact me and I will see if I can help. or maybe other members could help out.

Have fun..

Daniel.

Attachments

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Do you realise this thread is almost 3 years old?

The people involved would have by now either sorted it out for themselves or else lost all interest in the subject!