6 vdc to 15kva Help

John K_1436524989

Joined Jul 10, 2015
I am working on a project for power generator. I intend using volt multiplier circuit and current amplifier circuit to achieve this feet. In practical terms I want know if this can be achieved.
I have the following part list for this:
Capacitors
Diodes
Power Transistors
Resistors
Still reviewing the specs for these parts.
Would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
@John K_1436524989

Start with power input. Then expect power output to be something less.

That said, when you double voltage, your current gets cut by more than half. You end up with less power every time you change conditions. So, you cannot use circuitry to double voltage and then another circuit to double current and expect 4x the power that you put in to drive your generator.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
An automobile ignition coil could get you there if you need only a small current.
Google "electric fence schematic".

John K_1436524989

Joined Jul 10, 2015
What is this for?
What is the source of the 6 VDC?
How much input current is available?
How much output current do you need?
Is this system to run continuously, or do you just need high voltage pulses?

If the output current requirement is very low, you can use the 6 V to run a DC motor in a Van de Graaff generator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_de_Graaff_generator

Thanks. The output current will be 60 amps and the system will run continuously. I want to believe, current can be amplified. Is this correct?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You haven't answered the questions posted above. No answers = no progress :(.
I want to believe, current can be amplified. Is this correct?
You can use a small current to control a large current (e.g. transistor base current controlling collector current, or a DC current controlling a magnetic amplifier output voltage and hence load current), but it isn't really amplification in my view; the current has to be drawn from a voltage source.
You can trade voltage for current, e.g. put high voltage at low current into a transformer and get low voltage at high current out. But you can never get more power out than you put in.

Last edited: