4ch RF receiver problem with voltage output.

jgreene44

Joined Dec 8, 2016
hello, im using the 4ch RF receiver for the arduino. kind of a simple question. im trying to power a very tiny dc motor off the output. im running it at 8 volts it comes with 4AA batteries @ 4.5 so i have it over voltage. does not seem to be a problem. what does is when i click the button for the corresponding output pin. i see i have 8 volts. i hook up the dc motor. (a servo that has been wired direct) maintains voltage. servo does not budge. hook it to the 8 volts off the other reciever in this cheap 10 dollar rc car. servo jumps into action. i cant understand it. was thinking maybe it was something i would only see with an o scope (i do not have one) so i tried a cap. to see if that might flatten it out at least. no luck. thanks in advance for any help regarding this matter!

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Not sure I understand what you described, but if the problem is that the receiver does not work when the motor is running, then a capacitor sounds like a good approach, especially if it is a DC motor with brushes.

Many toy manufacturers connect small ceramic capacitors from each of the electrical contacts on the motors to the motor case. This keeps the arcing contacts from radiating much and thus reduces radio interference.

upload_2016-12-31_20-38-0.png

Or is your problem something else?

jgreene44

Joined Dec 8, 2016
i think the unit is glitched out at this point. i went and got another just like it and it seems to be working fine? ill post back if this changes. thank you soo much for your time.