4bit Punk Hand Held Game Console (WIP)

ajm113

Joined Feb 19, 2011
Okay, I'm showing off my little work in progress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljaatxWSM6w&feature=channel_video_title

I've basically only have 2 games on there, and I was wondering if anyone on here can think of any games I could add on it.

The idea of this project was to advance more into code architectural functions which would be proper logic handling with I/O with a game using a PIC 16F684. If anyone could give any other suggestions or comments, that would be great! I'm not trying to develop anything ground breaking, I'm just doing this to learn new things and expand my programming horizon :)

Thank you, Ajm.

ajm113

Joined Feb 19, 2011
Its just LED for the time being, but a LCD would be a very cool to add. :) I wanted to at build something to get the project going for when I get a chance I can add it.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
How about a Simon Says? LEDs flash in a sequence and you have to imitate it.

Another idea would be to build a target shooting game:
You have to hit the middle (of say 5) leds, with the light bouncing left and right. Each level will make the light bounce faster and faster, making the center hit more difficult.

Have fun!

ajm113

Joined Feb 19, 2011
How about a Simon Says? LEDs flash in a sequence and you have to imitate it.

Another idea would be to build a target shooting game:
You have to hit the middle (of say 5) leds, with the light bouncing left and right. Each level will make the light bounce faster and faster, making the center hit more difficult.

Have fun!

Uhhh Simon Says is kinda already implemented, lol I just called it Simon for short. :)

Thats a pretty good idea! I'll work on it! I did want to put in some sort of shooting game, having it on a timer too isnt a bad idea ether. :)

@mcgyvr: Sounds like a good idea, really wouldn't have to put too much work, heck I could have the game cheat. :) Who's going to notice when their drunk? lol Just kidding, but something in that area isn't a bad idea ether.

My other idea was to design a guest the next pattern sort of game, even though I wanted to design something fun and random, having something as brain testers and stuff like that would be a nice addon.