433mhz transmitter and receiver -cannot upload circuit

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hi All, Can't upload the circuit I am referring to because of wrong file type. Please google 'freak engineering' and the 433mhz RF transmitter and receiver circuit project you see there. Can't get this to work probably because the author doesn't say what particular transmitter and receiver he uses.
I used a RXN3-B receiver. When connected as in the project with a led connected to pin 10 and transmitter not on. The led lights up which is obviously wrong. It should only light up when pin 10 of the transmitter is shorted to ground with the momentary switch. It is not clear if the ground was kept on would the led remain on?
Freak Engineering appears to be a one man band with Akash Sharma the only player. Can't contact him as his email contact doesn't work.
Anybody know what particular transmitter and receiver I should be using to make this work?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Hi All, Can't upload the circuit I am referring to because of wrong file type. Please google 'freak engineering' and the 433mhz RF transmitter and receiver circuit project you see there. Can't get this to work probably because the author doesn't say what particular transmitter and receiver he uses.
I used a RXN3-B receiver. When connected as in the project with a led connected to pin 10 and transmitter not on. The led lights up which is obviously wrong. It should only light up when pin 10 of the transmitter is shorted to ground with the momentary switch. It is not clear if the ground was kept on would the led remain on?
Freak Engineering appears to be a one man band with Akash Sharma the only player. Can't contact him as his email contact doesn't work.
Anybody know what particular transmitter and receiver I should be using to make this work?
Could you provide a URL instead of search terms?

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi d,
The way I get around the Forum burping at some extension types, is to add .txt to the file name.
example: denison.png.txt

Try it.
E

One trap with these 433MHz RX IC's is some have pretty much nothing for output drive.
Example RX470 Data Out is rated 10uA (!) so it will only drive a CMOS gate, no pullups allowed on a MCU input. It can't drive an LED unless you add a buffer.
RXN3-B is a little better, rated min. 6uA, typ. 20uA output current. LOL.