433MHz remote measurement modules

kender

Joined Jan 17, 2007
My question is not directly related to sensors, it’s more about wireless communication. I’m posting this question here, because you, guys, have seen a lot of instrumentation in your travels.

I’m looking for a wireless remote measurement system that communicates at 433MHz or lower frequency. FCC compliance is not a problem, because it will be working for one month, and it will be shielded from the outside world by a chainlink fence.

The purpose of the system is to measure and transmit gas pressure few times a minute for a month. The range is 50 to 100 meters. 4 or 6 units per base station Of course, I can add my own pressure sensor to a system that has an A/D.

I’m looking for something that’s pretty small – about the size of a 9V battery

I guess, I could put such system together myself, but I’ve got a very short notice, and I will need to field this system very soon, that’s why I’m looking for OEM modules.

Could anyone recommend?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. … back to web search.

kender

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I’ve seen these. The transmitters are transmit-only. The receiver is too big to install into the remote unit together with the transmitter. In the worst case, I’ll have only one transmitter for real-time monitoring (instead of, say, 6) and the other 5 will have small loggers.

Way too big.

kender

Joined Jan 17, 2007
What are your size constraints for both transmitter and receiver so that we may recommended a more suitable solution to your application?
The remote measurement unit should be smaller than 9V battery, including it's own small coin cell battery.
There are no constraints on the size of the base station. In fact I can have multiple basestations, if each remote-basestation pair can run on its own frequency without interfering with other such pairs.