400Hz L/C filter for 3 Phase 115v supply

AK 7466

Joined Aug 25, 2021
That is really looking very impressive now! :)
I followed the Infineon link above, which looked very promising, only to find that the device and development kit are now obsolete and no longer available.

However, I have found a similar, single phase example using STM32 code for generating Sine PWM, here....
https://deepbluembedded.com/stm32-change-pwm-duty-cycle-with-dma-for-sine-wave-generation/

I will take a look and see whether it could be expanded to 3 phase.

Thanks for your contribution

A.K.

AK 7466

Joined Aug 25, 2021
Hi. I abandoned the microprocessor / PWM approach and went down the analogue route, then used Class D audio Power Amplifiers to drive the 3 phase gyro motors through a step-up transformer to 115v RMS. It seems to work very well. :)
Fortunately I have a tame inductor guru / manufacturer who made the 3 phase 400Hz transformer for me.

I got a small batch of PCBs made (available at cost if anyone is interested).

I have attached some images below which I hope may be of interest (Credit to Swamtag for the 120 degree phase shift circuit)

A.

Attachments

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Hi. I abandoned the microprocessor / PWM approach and went down the analogue route, then used Class D audio Power Amplifiers to drive the 3 phase gyro motors through a step-up transformer to 115v RMS. It seems to work very well. :)
Fortunately I have a tame inductor guru / manufacturer who made the 3 phase 400Hz transformer for me.

I got a small batch of PCBs made (available at cost if anyone is interested).

I have attached some images below which I hope may be of interest (Credit to Swamtag for the 120 degree phase shift circuit)

A.
I'm not surprised, I didn't think the BLDC motor control model and circuits were a good starting point for what you needed. The 32-bit uC/power driver board I built is a generalized platform for DC up to 3-phase power generation. By changing the firmware it can be an inverter, motor controller or etc ...

I used 3 of the the 400Hz version of this: https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/177/226_227_228-1389979.pdf
Your transformer is what I would be interested in. Is there a price and availability for it?

Last edited:

AK 7466

Joined Aug 25, 2021
I will need to check with my transformer guy about further devices and the cost. He made my prototypes as favour, and charged me a bottle of wine :)
I will post a reply here when I get an answer. Where are you based?