4000 Series Spice Models

bigbigblue

Joined Mar 15, 2006
Does anyone know where I can get spice models of 4000 Series Logic? I am specifically looking for models for 4098, 4023, 4069 and 4072.

I find it strange that most of the Spice Simulators do not seem to have models for these IC's.

Many Thanks
Pete

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by bigbigblue@Apr 7 2006, 06:13 PM
I find it strange that most of the Spice Simulators do not seem to have models for these IC's.
[post=15959]Quoted post[/post]​
Not so strange really. The companies that first made the parts went to company heaven a long time ago. The parts have been picked up by successor companies and passed around like orphan children. At nearly 35 years they are getting a bit long in the tooth. Spice simulation has had less effect on digital circuits because the payoff is not so great as for analog circuits. The IC designers treat every circuit as analog however, but their simulators are a bit out of reach for the average experimenter.

In LTSpice they have behavioral gates and functions which are normalized to Vdd = 1 Volt. By setting things like delay, rise time, fall time, and yes Vdd level you can make them behave pretty much like anything you want.

Try it -- you'll like it

bigbigblue

Joined Mar 15, 2006
Originally posted by Papabravo@Apr 7 2006, 10:41 PM
In LTSpice they have behavioral gates and functions which are normalized to Vdd = 1 Volt. By setting things like delay, rise time, fall time, and yes Vdd level you can make them behave pretty much like anything you want.

Try it -- you'll like it
[post=15960]Quoted post[/post]​
Papabravo,
Thanks for the reply. I took your advice and downloaded LTSpice - I have now managed to solve my problem - I have a working simulation in LTSpice. I decided to model it in 5V logic, although the behavioural models mean I could use 12v if I wanted.

I have decided to take advantage of the 30 day money back trial on B2Spice and have returned it for a refund. LTSpice is better in many respects and best of all - FREE !

Thanks for the tip :)

Cheers
BigBigBlue

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by bigbigblue@Apr 8 2006, 05:20 PM
Papabravo,
Thanks for the reply. I took your advice and downloaded LTSpice - I have now managed to solve my problem - I have a working simulation in LTSpice. I decided to model it in 5V logic, although the behavioural models mean I could use 12v if I wanted.

I have decided to take advantage of the 30 day money back trial on B2Spice and have returned it for a refund. LTSpice is better in many respects and best of all - FREE !

Thanks for the tip :)

Cheers
BigBigBlue
[post=15989]Quoted post[/post]​
You're most welcome.