3 way active crossover circuit

adhith

Joined May 29, 2017
hello everyone
I'm trying to make a 3 channel active crossover circuit based on LF353. I got a circuit diagram from the web but have a doubt regarding the connections. I would like to know that whether there is a connection between the middle point of R2 & R3 (each of 10k) resistor with capacitor C3 (100uF) because in all the other places in the circuit the connection is either jumped to represent no connection & a dot to represent a connection. Here nothing is given,so I'm little bit confused. I believe that there is a connection between R2, R3 & C3 to act as a voltage divider for C3 elsewhere the resistors could be combined to represent a 20k resistor but i want to make sure that I'm right. Could anyone give help me out??

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Yes, there should be a connection between the junction of R2 & R3 and C3.
It provides the virtual ground to bias the amps at 1/2 the supply voltage.

Another error I noticed is that there is no path for the IC1a and IC1b minus input bias currents (pins 2 & 6).
This will cause the op amp outputs to saturate.
Both inputs need resistors to, or perhaps be directly connected to, the virtual ground.

These errors lead me to believe this is a paper design and was never built or simulated by the designer.
Use at your own risk. :eek:

adhith

Joined May 29, 2017
Yes, there should be a connection between the junction of R2 & R3 and C3.
It provides the virtual ground to bias the amps at 1/2 the supply voltage.

Another error I noticed is that there is no path for the IC1a and IC1b minus input bias currents (pins 2 & 6).
This will cause the op amp outputs to saturate.
Both inputs need resistors to, or perhaps be directly connected to, the virtual ground.

These errors lead me to believe this is a paper design and was never built or simulated by the designer.
Use at your own risk. :eek:
Thank you crutschow for your help. Could you give a detail explanation about the pin 2 & 6 of IC1a and IC1b, if you could edit the circuit diagram it would be a great help. Is there any other or a more accurate LF353 3 way crossover circuit that you could recommend ??