2's complement with JK flip flop

Claudinho18

Joined Jan 14, 2017
Hi all,
I try to create a circuit who can show the 2's complement with 8 ranks.I have to use JK Flip Flop and Mux but i am not understand how these are connecting.I have IC CD4027 but i don't know how to use it in combination with Mux and what means 8 ranks.
Can someone give me an electrical schema?
Thanks.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
DataRep_TwoComplement.png DataRep_SignMagnitude.png DataRep_OneComplement.png
Hi all,
I try to create a circuit who can show the 2's complement with 8 ranks.I have to use JK Flip Flop and Mux but i am not understand how these are connecting.I have IC CD4027 but i don't know how to use it in combination with Mux and what means 8 ranks.
Can someone give me an electrical schema?
Thanks.
Assuming this is from a class. I am not sure what your instructor has in mind or what he means by "ranks".
https://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/ehchua/programming/java/datarepresentation.html This has a good description on various binary representations a way down on the text.

Is he looking for an 8-bit counter that counts in 2's complement?

Claudinho18

Joined Jan 14, 2017
I asked him what 8 ranks means.After his answer, i understand that he is looking for an circuit based on JK Flip Flop and MUX who have an 8 bit number as input and output his 2's complement.
However, i don't know how many JK and MUX are necessary for that circuit and how to connect them.
Thanks.