22 bit adc and arduıno uno

ozan

Joined Mar 8, 2015
Hi Everybody
I have a problem related to adc(mcp3553) and arduıno uno (it can be a mıcrocontroller.First of all let me mentıon my project .Data that I got from straın gages is amplified by AMP04(gain:200) and I gotta convert the data that is amplified. and then if it's done .I'm gonna make the communicate xbees(s2) each other.Please help me

Thanks in Advance
ozan SEREN

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
To get 22bits of anything you have to go to extraordinary lengths to eliminate ground loops, digital noise, thermal drift, get drift-free reference voltages, etc, etc. I can predict right now that you will be lucky to get 12bits...

ozan

Joined Mar 8, 2015
I'm missing what the problem is.

You may (will) have an issue getting anywhere near 22-bits of usable data, however...
how can I write program for mıcrocontroller actually ı want to disassembly just atmega328 and I want to do ıt vıa that

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You have serious flaws in your design. MCP3553 ADC accepts differential inputs. You want to take full advantage of this.
Remove all your opamps and connect the ADC differential inputs directly to the bridge.
As others have said, you will not achieve anything close to 22 bits.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
The schematic shown appears to come from this document,

http://complex.umd.edu/papers/dissertations/new_torque_schematic_dissertation_Daniel_Zimmerman.pdf

which is a correction to the diagram shown on page 310 of this doctoral dissertation,

http://complex.umd.edu/papers/dissertations/dissertation_Daniel_Zimmerman.pdf

by one Daniel S. Zimmerman.

Zimmerman lists a URL for his Arduino source code, but it appears to be a dead link.

To ozan: I think your best course of action would be to try to contact Dr. Zimmerman and ask him to email you the source code or give you a valid web link to it.

For any of us here to help you, we would have to design the entire application for you and I doubt anyone would be willing to do that.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
That was a terrific find! How'd you do that??
Pure luck. I looked at the schematic this fellow posted and got curious about the "Futek TF600" load cell he wanted to use; and when I googled that, one of the links that popped up was to Zimmerman's original schematic. And from there, I backed up one level and saw his full dissertation.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Wow. I tried a couple of possible searches, but found no happiness.
I suppose he must be trying to duplicate the original results.