2 wheel electric self balancing scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappi

Joined Aug 27, 2015
Dear members,
i have 2 hub motors off 36v and 400 watt each.
should i use 2 controllers to control both motors or a single controller can be use to control both hub motors.

and what will be the case if i use noormal bldc motor instead of hub motor

thank you

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC!
To get meaningful help you must provide meaningful input.
What type of hub motor? BLDC, multi-phase .....?
Define 'controller'. Model? Spec?
Define 'normal'.

Hi there, I live in London and I'm considering getting an best self balancing scooter 2016 to help me with my commute to work. I now get the bus to the closest tube station, which is 5 miles far from home. The electric scooter would be replacing the bus journey. Do you think it might be feasible? If yes, I guess the scooter should be foldable so I can carry to the train. By bus, it takes 20/30 min to get to the station. How much do you think can take using an electric scooter? Thanks in advance for your help!!

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Hi there, I live in London and I'm considering getting an best self balancing scooter 2016 to help me with my commute to work. I now get the bus to the closest tube station, which is 5 miles far from home. The electric scooter would be replacing the bus journey. Do you think it might be feasible? If yes, I guess the scooter should be foldable so I can carry to the train. By bus, it takes 20/30 min to get to the station. How much do you think can take using an electric scooter? Thanks in advance for your help!!
It's not considered polite here to hijack someone else's thread.
You need to start your own.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
At 5 MPH it will take an hour, plus stop lights. Is weather a potential factor?
At 10 MPH it will take about 30 minutes, plus stop lights. But you may get less run time.
Typical weight limit, about 220 pounds.
Typical run time between charges, about 6 hours.
Sound feasible? I don't think being foldable will make it any easier to carry.

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Not good practice to Hijack a thread,

your top speed is 12mph, so for a distance of 5miles thats 25minutes without stopping for lights, junctions, falling off etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.