Hello and good day. I hope you can help me understand this problem since as of now I can't really solve it:
I have a conductive Sphere (radius R), inside (but separated) a thick layer of a second conductive Sphere with inner radius 2R, and external radius Re.
I'll give you an image:
My problems start with this:
The space between the Spheres is filled with a charge of a certain fuction of density p(r) for r between R and 2R, and then they are conected to ground (as in the picture) I have to determine value of charges in all surfaces (internal and external of the external sphere and external of the internal sphere).
I have studied theory from Tipler & Mosca's physics, so I thought I may need a gauss surface? but which one and where?
My biggest problem is the Ground connection... I can't seem to understand what effect does the ground connection to the charges. (I didn't found a single example of a ground connection like this in the book...)
I would apreciate if you help me understand what kind of interaction goes between the space and the spheres and the Ground with the spheres, thank you.
I'm sorry if I seem to be too global but I don't quite get the interactions.
I have a conductive Sphere (radius R), inside (but separated) a thick layer of a second conductive Sphere with inner radius 2R, and external radius Re.
I'll give you an image:
My problems start with this:
The space between the Spheres is filled with a charge of a certain fuction of density p(r) for r between R and 2R, and then they are conected to ground (as in the picture) I have to determine value of charges in all surfaces (internal and external of the external sphere and external of the internal sphere).
I have studied theory from Tipler & Mosca's physics, so I thought I may need a gauss surface? but which one and where?
My biggest problem is the Ground connection... I can't seem to understand what effect does the ground connection to the charges. (I didn't found a single example of a ground connection like this in the book...)
I would apreciate if you help me understand what kind of interaction goes between the space and the spheres and the Ground with the spheres, thank you.
I'm sorry if I seem to be too global but I don't quite get the interactions.