1234567 doromifasolaxi

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
happy, I am not sure if this sits well with the rest of the moderators and members. You may want to reconsider this posting.

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
:oops:
happy, I am not sure if this sits well with the rest of the moderators and members. You may want to reconsider this posting.
It is not sensitive topic, is it?
and will not drag the members to black area
What a kind topic it is!
do you think so ,all moderators

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I think the plug can be pulled in this thread without HappyGanl's permission.
It would be less bad if she gets an account and posts her own contact info, but even that would be bad. If we let that happen, then all the service workers would be posting on here. May as well post under for sale or service. There are other websites for making love connections.

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
It would be less bad if she gets an account and posts her own contact info, but even that would be bad. If we let that happen, then all the service workers would be posting on here. May as well post under for sale or service. There are other websites for making love connections.
other love site ,they dont have so many engineers ,haha

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
o_O
I log on chinese electronic forums, off-topic can pose these themes.
Its can attract more member , meanwhile do good thing, why not

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
He bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and stay with you for one week."
The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.

The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want."
Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog - now that's cool."

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
EE forum is not a "I love match maker", so all the advertisement on this site are for EE related products, and this site have the rules for this site, it doesn't like in China, to avoid the other ADV commercials getting into this forum, so it should stop this kinds of threads.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog - now that's cool."
The EE engineer spend all the time to studying and designing, so they became that we called "House Man" whom stay at home all the time, and they will easy to cheated by the girls from internet.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Maybe a cultural thing, but from my perspective this seems like an obvious no-go. It's been a while since I read the TOS, but I'm willing to bet there's nothing in it about this, for the same reason there's probably no law prohibiting you from bringing a battery powered electric griddle on a public bus and cooking eggs and pancakes on the way to work. The system requires everybody exercise a little common sense, and the rules can never be all-inclusive. Giving out your friend's skype, even if not against the rules, is just a bad idea. Who knows who will contact her? Can you guarantee her safety?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
as a member in good standing, I request permission to advertise myself. The online sites are not working for me. Is mathematics still around? I think we will make a great match.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
as a member in good standing, I request permission to advertise myself. The online sites are not working for me. Is mathematics still around? I think we will make a great match.
You already can do the advertisement for yourself through the signature ... :)

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I agree that this is... unusual. MrChips didn't close the thread, and I wouldn't have either, however he removed the Skype contact, to protect the girl's inbox.

On whether I would allow for members using the AAC Offtopic to meet people, I don't want to issue a decision right now. The matter hasn't got big yet and there's no need to make new rules which are not needed yet. I admit that it is distasteful to my standards, but that's as far as I would go.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I agree that this is... unusual. MrChips didn't close the thread, and I wouldn't have either, however he removed the Skype contact, to protect the girl's inbox.

On whether I would allow for members using the AAC Offtopic to meet people, I don't want to issue a decision right now. The matter hasn't got big yet and there's no need to make new rules which are not needed yet. I admit that it is distasteful to my standards, but that's as far as I would go.
If all the members have the common sense to discuss everything at the EE related area then the new rule is no need.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Personally, I find it refreshing that someone would express a romantic interest in engineers. We're usually the last ones asked to the ball.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Personally, I find it refreshing that someone would express a romantic interest in engineers. We're usually the last ones asked to the ball.
I think times are-a-changin'. Most engineering students are a hot commodity since the economic downturn. A lot of girls are thinking an engineer who rates a 4 in looks with potential for a 6-figure paycheck is a perfect 10.