#12 has left the building

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Thanks for the link GopherT. Sad to see him go--He has made many contributions to this site, and I for one will miss his posts. I hope he will still stop in now and then for a visit ;)

Best wishes #12!
Matt

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
More and more reasonable people are leaving. Not much in the way of interesting conversations lately. Slip-sliding away...

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Man... I'm gonna miss the dear fella... he helped a lot, and not just circuit-wise. @#12, wherever you are, I wish you the best of best... I for one thing, consider you a good friend.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Sorry to see him go, In the short(ish) time I have been on the site, this is the 3rd leaver I will miss, Inwo, The_RB and now #12.:(

Hope it was nothing I said!! :confused:
Max.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am also sorry to see him go.
He has been a good contributer to the forum.

Bertus

PS I also miss the old moderators thingmaker3 and hgmjr.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I'll echo D8's post; it's sad to think I joined Jan, 10 2010 one month after he did. I didn't know about him until my recent activity here.

Most of my activity was on ETO but; that has changed over the last year or so. Now I visit both sites.

Best wishes #12

kv

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I believe #12 is going on sabbatical, to get around live people. He didn't state anything about cutting the ties permanently.

He will be missed, but I suspect he will return on his terms, re-energized for the next wave of questions.

Take all the time you desire #12, AAC will be here when you wish to return.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
As I started to write this post, I thought the tone of this thread was becoming funereal...

So cheerily... Way to go, #12! Thanks for everything!

And to the member most likely to actually read this, hope you decide to stay or at least only leave temporarily, GopherT

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Forum life tends to wear on all of us at one time or another so I can relate. I used to be primarily a ETO member but as things changed and slowed down there I came over here being there was more action and traffic here.

Now I see what I am guessing is the summer lull coming along again and things are starting to look slower and more mundane by my views as well.

no big deal. It happens.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
OH MAN....You are one of the coolest guys here. Sorry to see you.......feeling burnt out. Go get a life, but remember, people are over-rated.

Groucho Marx once said, after interviewing a man with 17 kids, "My God, I like my cigar, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while."

Come back and visit sometime.

Well hey! --- Very sorry to see you leave!:( --- Your blend of expertise, courtesy and candor is as appreciated as it is absent from the greater 'internet experience' --- I add my voice to others' in my hope that you reconsider at some future juncture...

Please take care...
Best regards and many thanks!
HP

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Gee guys, I didn't mean to go all tragic on you. It's just that I was forced into retirement with the ruptured disk last July and my business partner dying in November. Suddenly, the activities that I was doing for 40 years mostly vanished. How bad is it? I have only filled my gas tank twice this year! No interacting with customers, vendors, inspectors, co-workers and their families. No loading the truck for a different job every day or two. No more pages and pages of calculations. No family within 800 miles of here. In the last 6 months, one of my 40 year friends moved to Indiana and another one had a stroke. The social vacuum almost echos! What do I have left? One structural engineer that surrounds himself with homosecksuals and the widows of my dead team members. That's kind of creepy!

I can't just go get a job at 64 years old and still recovering from a back injury. I was thinking more like, find a community theater and volunteer my services. I did, "sound and light for live performance" for three years in Los Angeles. It's mostly enjoying the show and being available in case anything goes wrong. It isn't hard work. I can sit or move around, as needed, to be physically comfortable. The problems they have are usually child's play for me. This place seems awfully slow lately, and even when it's busy and interesting, it can't substitute for getting face to face with a dozen different people every week.

One of my old sayings: If you don't put on a clean shirt and show up, it's yourself that won't have a life.
I still have enough curiosity to check in at AAC, but nothing inspires me lately.
I need to get out in public and find things to do.