100 w amp

cheddy

Joined Oct 19, 2007
maybe they are just different shapes. they are for industrial use apparently, the F appears to have a larger surface area, perhaps to attach a heat sink.

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
I think you will find the F version has an Isolated tab, so it can be bolted directly to a heatsink without a washer kit.

cheddy

Joined Oct 19, 2007
I think you will find the F version has an Isolated tab, so it can be bolted directly to a heatsink without a washer kit.
I feel smart for having figured this out with absolutely no previous knowledge that transistor heat sinks even existed :)

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
They both have the same surface area as far as I know, but the standard transistor case has a metal tab which is electrically and physically connected to the Collector of the transistor chip. If using a heatsink it must be electrically isolated from the heatsink in most instances. The F version uses a composite coated tab which allows thermal transfer while providing electrical isolation.

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
the TIP147 is a complementary npn-pnp darlington with built in antiparallel EC diode and case in TO-218. It has Ic of -10A

the TIP147F is pnp darlington with built in antiparallel EC diode and case in TO-03PF. It has Ic of 10A

moz