100 mpg ...

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
That's 27.6 mpg, which is probably middle-of-the-pack these days. I have a '99 Toyota Camry that usually gets right at 30 mpg. But I wouldn't make a very good snow plow or handle hauling a ton of materials around or pulling a two-axle trailer. That's why I also have an '88 F-250 that gets about 8 mpg (closer to 3 mpg when pushing snow). Different tools have different purposes.
about 2 tonnes of 4wd (me and tools included) and a real spare tyre, not one of these tonka toy 'space savers' :)
agree with your different tools for different purposes. downunder peoples have a different perspective whats required in a car, one of the important ones being fuel economy. i do a lot of onsite work, hence economy is a major factor

did own a toyota echo (1.3ltr 5 spd manual) that thing was very responsive and pulled 4.9ltr/100km on the highway and around town 6.5's. really liked it but pain in the back when i had to fold the rear seats down (gotta push the front seats forward)

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
That's 27.6 mpg, which is probably middle-of-the-pack these days. I have a '99 Toyota Camry that usually gets right at 30 mpg. But I wouldn't make a very good snow plow or handle hauling a ton of materials around or pulling a two-axle trailer. That's why I also have an '88 F-250 that gets about 8 mpg (closer to 3 mpg when pushing snow). Different tools have different purposes.
Do you need a 3 position bike roof rack for that camry. I've been trying to sell my Thule rack for 3-months. I thought mine was one of the last 99 camrys on the road. - I guess we finally have something in common.