10 minutes countdown timer only using Analog ICs

mfiddin

Joined Apr 26, 2018
Hello, newbie here..
I have an assignment project for my study. I have to build a 10 minutes countdown timer that only/must using analog ICs. I have tried many design from internet like using ic 74192 or combination of JK flip flops. Actually the problem is I don't know how to make the timer running in 10 minutes by setting the IC 74192.
Things I have done:
- Made clock by using ne555
-I know how to using 7 segment and the BCD decoder
-I have tried designs below

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The 7400 series is the TTL digital series.
When you use counters and flip-flops, the circuit will have digital chips.
You probably mean that you can not use a microcontroller.

Bertus

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
A ten minute timer using only discreet logic IC devices. Use the CD4017 decoded divide by ten IC, and a lot of them and count the AC line cycles. The CD4040 and CD4060 will also work for counting to get someplace near to dividing line cycles to get one count per minute, then use a CD4017 driving the super high efficiency LEDs to display from 0 through 9 minutes. You will need a few and gates with the binary counter to decode the binary equivalent value of 60 (cycles per second) x 60 (seconds per minute) =3600 (decimal), converted to binary

mfiddin

Joined Apr 26, 2018
A ten minute timer using only discreet logic IC devices. Use the CD4017 decoded divide by ten IC, and a lot of them and count the AC line cycles. The CD4040 and CD4060 will also work for counting to get someplace near to dividing line cycles to get one count per minute, then use a CD4017 driving the super high efficiency LEDs to display from 0 through 9 minutes. You will need a few and gates with the binary counter to decode the binary equivalent value of 60 (cycles per second) x 60 (seconds per minute) =3600 (decimal), converted to binary
I am sorry but could you give me more visual explanation? like the diagram or else