1 value in Electronics Workbench

Deedee1

Joined Oct 26, 2014
I'm working in Electronics Workbench and after simplifying one of the Kmaps, we got the value : Jd=1 .
How would I implement that in the circuit?

I know it looks confusing at the moment.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You basically tie that input to the positive power supply. I don't use EWB so I don't know exactly how to do that, but I imagine that there is some symbol in the library that will tie a signal HI and another that will tie the signal LO.

Also, the unused inputs on your JK flip flops (as well as any other unused inputs on any logic) need to be tied to a proper level. Even if your simulator behaves nice if you are sloppy about that, the real world will spank you.

Then, why on earth do you have a 1A current source in your clock line? That will mask the voltage source and since it is driving high impedance inputs (your clock pins) it will produce an enormous voltage (dependent on the specifics of the simulator and the device models).

Deedee1

Joined Oct 26, 2014
You basically tie that input to the positive power supply. I don't use EWB so I don't know exactly how to do that, but I imagine that there is some symbol in the library that will tie a signal HI and another that will tie the signal LO.

Also, the unused inputs on your JK flip flops (as well as any other unused inputs on any logic) need to be tied to a proper level. Even if your simulator behaves nice if you are sloppy about that, the real world will spank you.

Then, why on earth do you have a 1A current source in your clock line? That will mask the voltage source and since it is driving high impedance inputs (your clock pins) it will produce an enormous voltage (dependent on the specifics of the simulator and the device models).
I'm new to this program, I have no idea what symbol to use. And about the current source, this is just an assignment. I don't even know what 1A means. Just trying to create a counter and it isn't working :( & it's due tomorrow. I am suppose to be creating a 24hr counter.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm new to this program, I have no idea what symbol to use. And about the current source, this is just an assignment. I don't even know what 1A means. Just trying to create a counter and it isn't working :( & it's due tomorrow. I am suppose to be creating a 24hr counter.
What do you mean the current source is just an assignment? Are you saying that in EWB that is NOT the symbol for a current source? Then what is it and what does it do?

What have you done to try to find out how to do it. I just did a Google search for "Electronics Workbench logic high" and found the answer in a few seconds.

When was it assigned?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello Deedee1

What is supposed to make that circuit ??
jd=1, You'll want to say that the J input of Flip-Flip D must be 1 ??
I'm pretty sure he is saying that their design came out requiring J=1 on one (or more) of their JKFFs. Judging from their circuit shown, it appears to be FF D.