ground noise in pcb

satishreddy

Joined Jul 19, 2012
Hello,

we have designed a board using aduc7026 microcontroller but we are facing noise problem as we have different grounds for Vref(gnd) , vcc(gnd),avdd(gnd),24gn connected separately to connector.I think noise problem is because grounds so please help me to come out of this problem.

Waiting for the reply
Regards
satish

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
It would be very nice of you if you could post the schematic of the board and everything that is connected to it including power supplies, along with the drawing of the board.
If you don´t, no one can help you.

satishreddy

Joined Jul 19, 2012
ya analog and digital gnd are separate as i mentioned all the grounds are separate but still noise is generated.i think the problem is because i have not connected all gnd in a star.since modifying gnds is difficult because pcb is manufactured.Please me help me.

Thanks & Regards
satish

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Do not connect analog grounds (noisy) to digital grounds. The noise from the analog will be coupled right to the digital side.
You have to connect the two grounds together at some point (single point ground) if there is any exchange of signals between the analog and digital circuits (which there usually is). The trick is to do the connection at the right spot.

And you have it backward. It's the digital ground that is typically more noisy than the analog. ;)