Wondering !

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Is it me or is it that in AAC, the way "we" members communicate is very different from other forums I have seen.

To me AAC members are like good friends and seems to me I personally know them, even though we are continents apart.

This is a nice forum..one of a kind.

I would say "One & Only" :D

*Just my feedback about AAC
It's "US" members that make this place so homely. yes?

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Indeed. It feels like I have a place to crash all over the world.

However I haven't been to another forum, so I can't compare, but from what I hear, it's hell out there.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Indeed, this is the only forum I know where members have such a casual attitude and are so open and welcoming. It's what drew me in after my first post, and I hope it never changes :)
As georacer said, it's "a place to crash" :D

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I agree with you R!f@@ that this forum is very open and friendly. I have also had the benefit of being on a few other forums, such as ETO, 4HV, and a couple of automotive forums. I can say that the only one I know of that works the same way is ETO. AAC and ETO are both very much like big, happy families, and some of the members (such as myself) bounce around between them. I am proud to be a member here, and I am thankful to everyone here who has been friendly and accepting. Though I am still relatively new here, I feel like I have known you guys all my life.

Regards,
Der Strom

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

This is a very friendly forum.
What I also like is that all moderators also are active with the members and not only being "the forum police".
I have been visiting other forums before I found this.

The Dutchforce electronics forum is one of them:
http://www.dutchforce.com/~eforum/index.php
Over there I noticed that some seniors think they "know it better".

I am also a moderator on a very small dutch forum:
http://www.elektronicaforum.nl/
There they are heading for the 6000 members.

I also have visited the vintage radio forum:
http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php
A nice forum if you want to know more about tubes.

Bertus

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Indeed, this is the only forum I know where members have such a casual attitude and are so open and welcoming. It's what drew me in after my first post, and I hope it never changes :)
As georacer said, it's "a place to crash" :D
Actually, I meant that I 've met so many people from around the world that I will have a place to spend the night no matter where I will end up.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Actually, I meant that I 've met so many people from around the world that I will have a place to spend the night no matter where I will end up.
Haha, looks like I misread your post :p
Indeed, we have members from male, greece, UK, USA (texas, indiana, michigan, ohio, florida...), candinadia, australia, norway, denmark, india...

I do feel like people get on here just to kill a bit of time or when they're having a hard time, or just to chat though, off topic seems to show evidence of that :)

mkbutan

Joined Sep 30, 2008
Haha, looks like I misread your post :p
Indeed, we have members from male, greece, UK, USA (texas, indiana, michigan, ohio, florida...), candinadia, australia, norway, denmark, india...

I do feel like people get on here just to kill a bit of time or when they're having a hard time, or just to chat though, off topic seems to show evidence of that :)

thanks for including INDIA

no no no its the heaven where people gain and share there KNOWLEDGE also depend the amount / level of Knowledge they SHARE / GAIN :)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
India and Pakistan both are heavy users here. I am bemused by that, as they have to learn English just to participate, though I suspect it is more of a Google translation in a few cases. We have had to rebuff a few that were looking for someone that spoke their native tongue, but that is exceedingly rare.

I highly respect any one is is bilingual or better. It is something I wish I could do.

We have people who only go to off topic to talk. I think that speaks highly of the friendliness of this site.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
India and Pakistan both are heavy users here. I am bemused by that, as they have to learn English just to participate, though I suspect it is more of a Google translation in a few cases. We have had to rebuff a few that were looking for someone that spoke their native tongue, but that is exceedingly rare.

I highly respect any one is is bilingual or better. It is something I wish I could do.

We have people who only go to off topic to talk. I think that speaks highly of the friendliness of this site.
I enjoy the discussions in the off-topic section, but it is not always possible to hold an actual conversation. Anyone who has ever been over to ETO has probably seen the chat, which I frequently use. I suppose I have gotten used to the constant flow of discussion. I think it's a great way to meet people and get quick answers, if a question of yours is not enough to warrant an entire thread. I don't suppose that's something we could get here at AAC sometime in the future, is it? :cool:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am afraid not. Both Jrap and Dave seem to be on Hiatus at the moment.

Chat rooms have their risks too. So it may never happen here.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
They are both professional types with full lives, and in some cases, wifes.

I don't know if it is a busy time of year or what. Eventually they will turn up.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You know, 12 hour a day jobs in the real world? You don't think AAC earns anybody money, do you? It started as a school project as far as I know. It has no advertising. It is paid for by an individual.