2mhz fm modulator

winwin

Joined Apr 12, 2011
Guys, can anyone help me with the design of this modulator? Been looking around the net and I need specific values and all. It would be good if the materials would be locally available in the Philippines. I'm not really good at this subject so I kinda need help on the simplest way of making this. :(

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I do not know much about your problem. But take a look at the MC1496 IC. And by way we are talking about a 2 MegaHz modulator?
Edit: Sorry did not see the FM spec. I am not sure the MC1496 can work as a FM modulator

winwin

Joined Apr 12, 2011
Excuse me for livin but isn't 2MHz awfully low for using an FM signal? Wouldn't AM or SSB be more appropriate?
Yes that's what I told the teacher. She just said she did that on purpose so I can't just get diagrams from the internet. What do u guys think? Is this possible? From a 60hz function generator to a circuit which would output an FM signal?

I'm not sure but I think she means a 2mhz carrier signal?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Haven't you learned about varactor variable capacitance diodes that are perfect to produce FM? They are voltage controlled. Radios are tuned with them and when the tuning voltage is the modulation signal then the oscillator produces FM.