can any electronic gurus recommend me a picrocontroller...

toffee_pie

Joined Oct 31, 2009
Hi Guys,

I have made a pcb housing a LP3907 Programmable buck converter, which is driven with an ardunio board, I use hyperterminal to program it across the usart.

I wish to attach a load to my bucks and/or ldo outputs for some power management schemes.

The outputs are in the range 1v > 3.5v, with a max current of between 300mA and 1A, depending on which outputs are selected.

I have no idea which controller to pick, I only need a blank IC and wish to program it myself, and breadboard it.

The purpose of it will be to do some number crunching, (a lot of crunching..!) and have a delay in the code and then resume some more crunching.
I want to use the ratio of activity to no activity to have some change in current I can use for some power performance.

I can drop down the voltage with hyperterminal and repeat the sequence until such a time as the voltage is too low for it to operate at all.

Now, I know the gains will be minimal, maybe even in the nano amp region, and I also know microcontrollers have power schemes, but I am not interested in that. I wish to use my bucks to feed the load and have some sort of power protocols implemented.

I hope that makes some sense..!

thanks.

Last edited:

toffee_pie

Joined Oct 31, 2009
hmmm

actually, I think I can get a ATMEGA328P-PU, the same as on the arduino.

I can flash it with the bootloader with my number crunch code and use it wired onto a breadboard, and connect the buck or ldo's to it.

it meets the operating voltage of my outputs also.

what do you think guys?