45000 and counting

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

We have 45000 members and it is still going up.
I think the forum is busy visited.

Greetings,
Bertus

PS unfortunately the site and forum where down again for a couple of hours.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
It is certainly doing better than the stock markets.

I found this graphic interesting:

I am not surprised by the high activity from India. I am surprised by its relative rank to USA and UK and the low activity in China, Japan, and SE Asian countries. Is the activity from those countries an artifact in the data?

John

Edit: Changed comment about Asian countries...forgot to expand chart.

Last edited:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
It may be that language is the limiting factor for Asian countries.
Possibly. I would like to know where John got his stats from because from our site stats the vast majority of visits are from the US, with large numbers from India, the UK, Canada, the Philippines, Malaysia, Australia, Pakistan, Germany, and Italy (in that order). In total, we had visits from 214 countries and territories around the world in February.

Hello,

Did you also see that AAC is number 1 in the tutorials sub-category.
http://www.alexa.com/browse?&CategoryID=84743Start=1

Greetings,
Bertus
That is something else we are very pleased about. We have been #1 in that sub-category for at least the best part of the last 12 months. It shows more people are finding out about the material this site offers, which is good.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Dave,

The chart was deeper in the link that was posted. Some interesting information there.

I think the emergence of India in the international community is a positive sign.

John

Edit: Here's the link under traffic details:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/allaboutcircuits.com
Thanks John.

The breakdown is quite interesting. Our data is based in visits from which we derive the numbers of pages per visit, average time on the site, etc. I assume differences are down to the way the data is compiled.

I should also correct myself, when I said "the vast majority of visits are from the US" I would be wrong to say "vast majority" - it isn't a majority, but on the main site the numbers of visits from the US outnumber the number of visits from India by around 4.75 to 1 with around 40% of the visits coming from the US. Interestingly the forums are more evenly balanced even though around 34% of visits are from the US. The spread of countries using AAC is very encouraging.

Dave