Where DO I Find the CD For This Book?

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by Glenn Holland, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Glenn Holland

Thread Starter Member

Dec 26, 2014
    I have a copy of "SAMS Tech Yourself C in 21 Days" by Aitkin & Jones (4Th Edition).

There was supposed to be a CD that accompanied this book, but it was not included.

Where can I get the CD?

2. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    That book is from the Year of Our Lord 1997!

3. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Buy a copy of the book that has the CD.

You might look at the SAMS site and see if they have any means to obtain one. But keep in mind that they sold a book with a CD in it and are under no obligation to provide another CD since, for all they know, the original owner sold the book to one person and the CD to another. But they may have a means to purchase the CD, or perhaps even download it for free after this many years.

4. DNA Robotics

Jun 13, 2014
    This is for the second edition.
    It was a free download. Probably hard to find now.

• TYC.zip
      File size:
      296 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  5. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
  6. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I actually have that book, except the 1st Edition (1995). No CD came with it, otherwise I'd probably be willing to give it to you.

I've got little use for most of the SAMS "in 21 Days" books. I've got three, I think, and they've all been very disappointing. YMMV.

About the best C book I have, especially for learning, is Deitel and Deitel. If I could only keep one of my many C books it would probably be The C/C++ Programmer's Bible. I learned a lot from that book, but it is NOT for beginners! At this point I seldom crack a C book, but instead use Google to find specific things and/or look in the C99 Draft Standard. There are some decent online tutorials for beginners, but the draft standard is NOT one of them! It is difficult to read and you really need a solid grounding in C before you start delving into it because you will need to use the knowledge you bring to the table in order to mesh up with the way the standard describes things. But after a while you will learn how to read most of it and the level of detail it brings will radically improve your knowledge and skill with C. IMHO.

7. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Typically, the files will be online, and there should be a link given in the book somewhere, appendix or in the introductory pages. Compilers included are usually free downloads.