Frequency to Voltage Converter

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Yoga Purna Tama, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Yoga Purna Tama

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Hello everyone.

im yoga from indonesia. im currently working on my final project. i need device that can convert frequency (up to 360 KHz) to voltage for my project. i tried LM 2907 but apparently it has maximum frequency around 2.5 Khz.

is there another way for me to convert the frequency i need? what IC or Circuit should i use?

thank you very much for any help...

2. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    Have you looked at the Analog Devices AD650 F/V V/F chip? Also this should likely be in the school work / homework section of the forums.

Ron

3. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    have you looked into integrator circuits?

4. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    I don't know what the minimum and maximum frequency you have is. You might be able to just lower your frequency with a divider to get it to work with your part.

5. jjw

Dec 24, 2013
    You can use a monostable multivibrator with a pulsewidth 1/fmax triggered with the signal and its output filtered with RC filter.

6. Yoga Purna Tama

Jan 25, 2015
    can you give me a link about it? sorry im very amateur about this

7. Yoga Purna Tama

Jan 25, 2015
    the minimum frequency is about 30KHz and maximum 360KHz. any tips?

8. Rory Starkweather

Jan 27, 2015
    This might be more expensive than your whole project, but, have you considered an x30000 frequency divider? It would drop your frequency range to the 1-12 Hz range. Would the rest of your circuit work with that?

9. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    Yeah, did you look at the data sheet link I posted in post #2?

Ron

10. Yoga Purna Tama

Jan 25, 2015
    hello ron. i already read the datasheet but i cant figure out how to use it. i mean the maximum frequency input or the vpp input. because i use function generator for the input. am i getting wrong? thank you for your help

11. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    The simple solution would have been a nice simple F/V Module, you can try a Google of "Frequency to Voltage Module" and see what you find but I didn't have much luck above 50 KHz or so. The Analog Devices chip I suggested would require building a board for it and the board would need built to tight specifications. The chip requires external components and mounting can be critical. I believe the problem you will face is while your frequencies are hardly what I would call High Frequency they are high enough that most over the counter modules I have seen won't do it.

Maybe another member has a thought for F/V conversion of 30KHz to 350 KHz = 0 to 5V?

Ron