Current Sensors

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by PeterCoxSmith, Feb 24, 2015.

1. PeterCoxSmith

Thread Starter Member

Feb 23, 2015
  2. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    My opinion? Very useful and I would place the full text in AAC. Current sensing is a subject that comes up quite frequently for the electronics hobby enthusiast and it certainly is nice to have all of the information in one location with the different methods explained. I enjoyed what I just read very much.

Just My Take....
    Ron

3. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    All About Circuits has a blog section. You may have to reach a certain number of posts in order to create your blog.

4. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    When I follow your links, I see only a blank page. I'm using firefox with adblock!

5. PeterCoxSmith

Thread Starter Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Hi, I use firefox and the links work just fine, perhaps adblock is the problem, can you switch it off? I know a friend has had trouble using wordpress with safari. All part of the digital age, and almost compatibility. Peter

6. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    That is peculiar Mike, using the same here and no problem. Just for the heck of it if you have MSIE in there I would give that a try but Firefox on Windows Vista works on this system of mine with AdBlock running.

Ron

7. PeterCoxSmith

Thread Starter Member

Feb 23, 2015
    ...okay, for now I'll use the general chat pages and check out the blog pages later. Thanks, Peter

8. PeterCoxSmith

Thread Starter Member

Feb 23, 2015
    thanks Ron, for the encouragement. I shall carry on. Peter

9. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    I just wasn't waiting long enough. On My 250kbit DSL line, your stuff takes forever to download. Even though my downloads are slow, your pages take 20X longer than AAC, for example.

10. PeterCoxSmith

Thread Starter Member

Feb 23, 2015
    ...okay Mike I understand. There are a number of pictures and I did reduce the jpeg quality to help with loading. Perhaps I should drop the quality a bit more. Thanks for the feedback...Peter

11. PeterCoxSmith

Thread Starter Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Hi Mike, I have reduced the resolution of the pictures, does it load any faster? Peter

12. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    This link still takes an inordinate time (~2min) . For the actual amount of useful info on that page ( a few words and links) it should load in 1 sec.

This link loads in about 5 sec, which is about normal for a page with that much graphics.

I'm in rural Az, where the only internet connection is a DSL piggy-backed on our copper twisted pair. I am so far from the central office that my wire goes through two repeaters, each halves the intrinsic rate, so I am lucky to get ~250kBaud. I cannot watch low-res You-Tube video without waiting for it to buffer...

13. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    That's the foods good to eat for ee man, you can do as below, when you reach to the authority.
    ScottWang's blog.

14. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    256KBaud was the first time when I applied to use many years ago, then upgrade twice up to 6Mbits(750Kbytes).

15. PeterCoxSmith

Thread Starter Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Okay Mike, Link1 is the wordpress front page and I can't do more to speed it up. I've minimise the photo sizes but I can't alter the wordpress graphics. Link2 is element14 where I have duplicated the blog and that is simpler, no fancy graphics. I would put the blog on this site too but as yet I can't get access. I am writing up more entries; see you next week...Peter

16. PeterCoxSmith

Thread Starter Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Hi MrChips, How do I get to use the blog section of this site? How many posts do I need to make? Thanks, Peter