machine design

fisa

Joined May 15, 2012
How can I cal calculate torque per volume of an electric machine? Should I cosider the stator diameter or rotor diameter of a machine?

fisa

Joined May 15, 2012
I want to know how can I calculate torque per volume of a machine. Example Rotor diameter 70 mm, stator diameter 144 mm, stack length 60 mm and the torque is 9.55 Nm. then what is the torque per volume? More over can I choose any stack length of a machine arbitarily?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
So the question is, what is the volume? (You know the torque.) I think the definition of the volume is somewhat arbitrary and depends on the circumstances - whether to include the clearances required around the machine for instance.

Are you asking if you can make the shaft longer to get more torque? Yes, you can essentially build multiple motors along a single shaft.

fisa

Joined May 15, 2012
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could give the answers of the following questions regarding Interior permanent magnet synchronous machine(IPMSM)
*What is the IEEE standard for machine(IPMSM) core losses?
*How practically measure the core losses of a PMSM( separating windage loss and friction loss)?
*How can I measure the moment of inertial of a IPMSM practically?
*Is Distributed winding of a 3 phase machine, lap or wave winding or something else?
* What max speed limit is in currently used IPMSM?

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
This sounds like it should be in the homework section not the projects section.

The is a lot of information in Google about " internal permanent magnet synchronous motors", if YOU look.

IEEE does not set standards for motors. NEMA is one of the standards for motors.