All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Software, Microcomputing, and Communications Forums > Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers

Notices

Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers Discussion forum for projects and working with embedded systems and microcontrollers (FPGAs, PICs, AVRs). Get help with hardware issues and embedded programming.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 03:58 PM

Default PIC12f683 example code

Can anyone point me in the direct of, or supply me with some very simple code for one of these ?

Any samples or projects will do.

I have not programmed in a long time and it would help a lot to see how others have set up ports etc. Rather than ask someone to write my program I want to try and work it out myself.

Cheers
Old 06-12-2008, 08:44 PM

Arrow

Do you have uChip's free MPLAB IDE? check www.microchip.com. It comes with a tutorial, or so they claim.

PICs are somewhat different from the "normal" chips like the 8051, 68HCxxx, Z80, etc.

--Rich
Old 06-13-2008, 03:15 AM
Expert Member

The PICkit 1 comes with a PIC12F675 already programmed with sample code (that needed some work to make all 12 LED's flash, but I digress..)

There are a number of sample programs provided on the CDs that comes with the PICkit 1; a mixture of C and assembler.

Basically, evaluation of what programs will work with which uC's are up to you to decide; you need to be aware of the capabilities of your particular uC. I have not looked at the datasheet for yours.
If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:41 AM

Here is a link that might be useful:
http://www.microchipc.com/sourcecode/

Different compilers have different ways to configure the chips so if you use a diff compiler then look at it's documentation carefully.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:26 PM

Thanks for your suggestions.

I think I will move to the 675 as I can get the starter board and start proding about straight away.

Even in the sourcecode section of the mchip website there is nothing written to drop straight into a 12f series. I guess the space saving over an 8 pin package compared to a 16 is such a non-event everyone goes for the big version(I call it big, we know its not).

If you got anything on paper for a 12f675 please send it this way.
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Textbook Microprocessor programming : Principles Of Digital Computing
Textbook Fundamentals of SPICE programming : Using The spice Circuit Simulation Program