PIC12f683 example code

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by Man_in_UK, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Man_in_UK

Man_in_UK Thread Starter Active Member

Can anyone point me in the direct of, or supply me with some very simple code for one of these ?

Any samples or projects will do.

I have not programmed in a long time and it would help a lot to see how others have set up ports etc. Rather than ask someone to write my program I want to try and work it out myself.

Cheers
  2. RiJoRI

RiJoRI Well-Known Member

Do you have uChip's free MPLAB IDE? check www.microchip.com. It comes with a tutorial, or so they claim.

PICs are somewhat different from the "normal" chips like the 8051, 68HCxxx, Z80, etc.

--Rich
  3. SgtWookie

SgtWookie Expert

The PICkit 1 comes with a PIC12F675 already programmed with sample code (that needed some work to make all 12 LED's flash, but I digress..)

There are a number of sample programs provided on the CDs that comes with the PICkit 1; a mixture of C and assembler.

Basically, evaluation of what programs will work with which uC's are up to you to decide; you need to be aware of the capabilities of your particular uC. I have not looked at the datasheet for yours.
  4. nanovate

nanovate Well-Known Member

Here is a link that might be useful:
    http://www.microchipc.com/sourcecode/

Different compilers have different ways to configure the chips so if you use a diff compiler then look at it's documentation carefully.
  5. Man_in_UK

Man_in_UK Thread Starter Active Member

Thanks for your suggestions.

I think I will move to the 675 as I can get the starter board and start proding about straight away.

Even in the sourcecode section of the mchip website there is nothing written to drop straight into a 12f series. I guess the space saving over an 8 pin package compared to a 16 is such a non-event everyone goes for the big version(I call it big, we know its not).

If you got anything on paper for a 12f675 please send it this way.