All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > The Projects Forum

Notices

The Projects Forum Working on an electronics project and would like some suggestions, help or critiques? If you would like to comment or assist others with their projects, this is the place to do it.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 AM

Lightbulb designing of circuit elements of digital tachometer

hi all dear friends o i m doing a mini project in electronics on digital tachometer circuit as in attached files also it could be find out ongoogle ebook search as electronics for u projects vol 21 digital tachometer circuit.
i want know how to design it's circuit elements each and every parts from register to leds, etc.
i.e step by step procedure for it's designing or any books relating to that i.e for any circuit designing .
i m in real hurry to get this so please provide me as early as possible.
i m facing uploading problem here so it may happen that circuit may not be uploaded so i m sorry about this.

thank u very much.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:17 PM

The operation of a digital tachometer is the same as a frequency counter.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:18 PM

Default ok

that's true man but there is a timer element inserted before the counter to direct it for how much time it should count..
by the way i require design steps involved in it for each elements that is required in designing the circuit if u can advice me on that it would be much better for me..
thank you.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:35 PM

As I said above - if you have a freq counter, you also have a tachometer. Adjust the counting period to a reasonable amount of time (some math required), and the same block diagram/schematic works.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:50 PM

Default again

i think you did't got my question ..
i have the circuit but i want to learn that how to design electronic circuit like this if you can provide any book for it then i m very much pleased for your assistance..
again i m saying i need to know how to design it i.e it's circuit elements from registors to capacitors to l.e.ds
Old 05-11-2008, 08:06 PM

frequency counter here

http://docweb.khk.be/Luc%20Friant/Di...ntiemeter.html
Old 05-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimrock View Post
i want know how to design it's circuit elements each and every parts from register to leds, etc.
i.e step by step procedure for it's designing or any books relating to that i.e for any circuit designing .
i m in real hurry to get this so please provide me as early as possible.
Your request is completely unreasonable. There is no way to learn "each and every part" in a hurry. There is no way to learn design principles in a hurry. There are no "step by step" procedures for design.

If you want to learn these things, you must work diligently and thoroughly. The universe is quite unforgiving in this regard.
"I want to establish in your mind very clearly that you must not think I deny all that I do not admit. On the contrary, I think there are many things which may be true, and which I shall receive as such hereafter, though I do not as yet receive them; but that is not because there is any proof to the contrary, but that the proof in the affirmative is not yet sufficient for me"
- Michael Faraday
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 AM

Smile thanks for lightning me!

beg you parden sir you may have got far more know how about electronics than me..
the question that I posted on this forum was based on my conversation with my colleague
who hails from electronic dept , he made his project by having assistance from "adaptive technologies hyderabad" where he learnt how to design circuit elements for his project.
based on this I thought unless and untill there is book for these stuff then and then only one can design the cicuit elements as these things are not based on hit and trial method sir.
I was looking for that kind of assistance ,not to get the circuit diagram as you know any tom, dick and harry can get this circuit from net but can't get the knowledge of designing it and sir i want that part of knowledge, if this forum can provide me that then i shall be ever be grateful to this forum
Old 05-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Hello,

A lot of basic information can be found through the links on this page.
On top there are more catagories.
http://www.educypedia.be/electronics/digital.htm

This linkpage is part from the EDUCYPEDIA a belgian site.

http://www.educypedia.be/electronics...icaopening.htm

Greetings,
Bertus

It would be nice to have the Timezone ( GMT +/- x ) in the location field in the profile.
(User CP -> Edit Your Details)
Old 05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimrock View Post
I was looking for that kind of assistance ,not to get the circuit diagram as you know any tom, dick and harry can get this circuit from net but can't get the knowledge of designing it and sir i want that part of knowledge, if this forum can provide me that then i shall be ever be grateful to this forum
We will be happy to help you learn about electronics. Here is one good place to start: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/

Design is a matter of knowing how the little parts work (not just the components, but smaller circuits made from those components), and choosing among them those which will perform the desired function. Creativity is required, as is much practice.

But it will never happen "in a hurry" as you have asked for. There is no magic "formula" for design.
"I want to establish in your mind very clearly that you must not think I deny all that I do not admit. On the contrary, I think there are many things which may be true, and which I shall receive as such hereafter, though I do not as yet receive them; but that is not because there is any proof to the contrary, but that the proof in the affirmative is not yet sufficient for me"
- Michael Faraday
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, , , ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet High-reliability circuits
Worksheet Analog-to-Digital conversion
Worksheet Digital-to-Analog conversion
Worksheet Latch circuits
Worksheet Binary math circuits
Worksheet Electromechanical relay logic