binary weighted DAC help plzz

koneur

Joined May 21, 2009
there no output voltage derivation :(( where can i find formulas..maybe solved problems for DAC or ADC i have a final exam tomorrow really stucked on it :(:(:( but i am sure its very very simple to calculate ADC and DAC output voltages

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Every ADC and DAC do have a voltage range. As an example let us say an ADC have a input range equal min -5 volt and max +5 Then the total range is +5 volt-(-5 volt)=10 volt. If this ADC have 10 bit each bit will have bit weight equal to range/(2^10)=0.009765625 volt
If we have an ideal ADC with the latter specifications and apply 2.5 volt the ADC will output the number 256. Also remember an ADC output is based on integer values

koneur

Joined May 21, 2009
that the questions will be not detailed..it will be very very basic DAC (mostly) and ADC calculations just simply..for instance it'll given Vr , Rf , and R..also R varying as LSB or MSB for all these conditions they may ask me to find output voltage (for DAC)

You can easily use superposition to solve the problem.

Calculate the Vout with respect to V1 by setting V2=0 and V3=0. Repeat for V2, setting V1=0 and V3=0, and V3, setting V1=0 and V2=0. Add the Vout's together.

The process is the same for a larger number of bits...