Starting from scratch: a journey to electronics

This blog is for beginners, like me, who are a bit confused about where to begin. It can be overwhelming at times.

One thing I've noticed is that it's useful to have some kind of idea about why you want to get into electronics. This helps prevent overwhelming confusion and losing enthusiasm.

What you might find useful is something like a roadmap of short-term, mid-term and long-term goals to keep you on track (which you might change as you go along). Maybe like me you want to end up as a professional in electronics.

If you're starting out from practically zero and you want to try and get your head around the enormous field of electronics, this blog might be helpful.

I'll be posting about my experiences as I start from scratch to designing my own circuits.

Example entries will be books I've found useful, links to blogs and threads here, how I built my electronics workbench at home and what I bought, projects or kits I worked on and where I went wrong, etc.

Eventually I'd like to compile all this into a downloadable e-book for beginners. I will also likely have my own website, eventually, but that will be when I have actually got some decent knowledge. That might be a year or so down the road yet.

I hope beginners will find this blog useful as a compass for their own learning, or to compare with their own journey. Please feel free to comment and add your own input.

Blog entry information

Author
digitalmind
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in General

More entries from digitalmind

Share this entry