PCB soldermask and silkscreen

Its been a long time since I started testing. At least 6 months. The darn ink never worked :(

I used the tube solder mask repair stuff with the very poor instructions and I was NOT getting anywhere. No matter what I tried, nothing.

Until.....I saw a tub. A small black tub with strange looking symbols on it, twas from china. A small tub of soldermask ink and silkscreen ink. I though, give it one more try...

So I purchased both for around £8 and waited a long time for it to arrive.

*Bark Bark* dogs are going crazy and the postman arrives to which the ink was delivered. I took it to the workshop and opened it up. Twas nothing like the other ink I was using. This was more green, thicker and very grumpy, it did not want to be stirred.

With little faith I took a brush and painted a board. But to my surprise it spreaded like thick butter, it was REALLY covering the board with a nice layer.

So I took my artwork, and waited, and waited for the UV to do its job. When I peeled back the film it was like music to my ears, it worked....nuff said....

Blog entry information

Author
Robin Mitchell
Views
636
Last update

More entries in General

More entries from Robin Mitchell

Share this entry

Top