New student excitement

:)

I have recently enrolled in an electronics program. I'm surprised now that it took me so long to figure out that this is big field of interest for me. I had basic electronics training in the Army and it was really exciting then. I am also one those people who used to take things apart when I was a kid. I was always dismantling my radios and stereos and adding speaker capacity and power. I have always had a big bag of different connectors and cables and people know me as someone who can connect anything to anything, which makes me a regular customer at Radio Shack.

I have muscular dystrophy, which really does need to be a factor in anything that I do. I am not letting it control my life though, which is why starting a new field of study is a really big positive undertaking for me. I am forced to live on disability income and this is just not acceptable for me as a permanent income. I began thinking about electronics again because I was looking for something where I would primarily work sitting down. I know that really narrows the list of positions for which I can apply, looking primarily for a bench job.

After taking the first two exams I have a 95 average, so I am off to a good start. I plan on using this blog to document my progress in this new direction, and keeping a really positive attitude towards life and all of the possibilities.

Thanks for reading and check back weekly ok?

Blog entry information

Author
richardwjohnsonsr
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in General

Share this entry