Make With Mouser IoT Design Contest - Design the Complex IoT system with Google Cloud IoT core.

1-Mouser-IoT-Contest-1200x682-1.png

After 1 month I was received the Microchip Technology SAM-IoT WG Development Board from All About Circuits.
I just realized this board is so amazing board with many benefit when using with Google Cloud. And easy to study the Google Cloud IoT service from Google.
So I decide to test all the example and try to integrated it with all the Google Cloud IoT Core service such as:

1. Streaming IoT Data to Cloud Storage.
2. Streaming IoT Core Data to Dataprep.
3. Building an IoT Analytics Pipeline on Google Cloud
4. Using Firestore with Cloud IoT Core for Device Configuration.

I did successful all these task and learn a lot from this board and google cloud IoT service. Learn how to configure Cloud Functions for Firebase to relay document changes in Cloud Firestore as configuration updates for Cloud IoT Core Devices.

Beside that I also using another M5-Stack ESP32 module together with SAM-IoT Board and found out the benefit of SAM-IoT Board have ATECC608A CryptoAuthentication™ secure element IC. It make the project more professional and more secure if we want to develop the whole complex IoT system for Customer or Commercial purpose.

Screenshot (399).png

Using SAM-IoT Board have ATECC608A CryptoAuthentication™ secure element IC with Google Cloud IoT Core service bring you the best secure system and more professional like this diagram:

Screenshot (403).png

Screenshot (400).png

I start to study and design my IoT system base on this Infrastructure :

Screenshot (402).png

The example from Microchip to Google Cloud is not update so it not working and get many error, It make me 1 week to figure out how to connect the SAM-IoT Board to Google Cloud IoT core.
So I make a clone of Microchip example and modify some update lib and it work very well and also can use together with M5-Stack ESP32 module.
This is the link of my GitHub : https://github.com/johnnietien/microchip-pic-iot

So far what I can do is basically can using the front end React apps to show the real time data from device of SAM-IoT Board and M5-Stack ESP32 module:

Screenshot (398).png

At beginning I have to research and master the way to connect all the device to Google Cloud IoT Core: Create and Register the Device by Authentication method with or without the ATECC608A CryptoAuthentication™ secure chip.

Screenshot (408).png

Then learn how to save the data with cloud storage. And learn to use Cloud Function to store data to Realtime database in Firestore. And also learn how to use DataFlow service from Google to trigger automatic storing all the data from Cloud Pub/Sub Topic. And The final step is using Dataprep service to modify the data more clear and easy to use. All this pipeline is very helpful in design a professional IoT system for my project.

Screenshot (404).png

Screenshot (405).png

Screenshot (406).png

Screenshot (407).png

from now I can have basic infrastructure of my Iot system.
My next step is design the PCB sensor board to plug into the SAM-IoT board by mikroBUS header. I still consider doing a new sensor board or just find and buy MikroElektronika click Boards™.

My Final project is quite big project. The Iot system is just one of the application in the whole project.
I plan to apply this IoT system to my Farmer Team Management Project.

There are 3 part in Farmer Team Management Project:
1. Create Task and manage Task for all the farmer (Same as Microsoft Planer in Microsoft Team)
2. IoT Dashboard to monitor all the sensor in the farm.
3. AI Task delivery to all the farmer.

This is a Link of FTM applications:

https://ftm-app-bb018.web.app/home

I will update the progress in next post.
Reactions: nhofyou

Blog entry information

Author
johnnietien
Views
Last update

More entries in Design Contest

Share this entry