Categories

Dave
Views
Comments
The e-book here at AAC is an unfinished and continuous piece of work. We get weekly recommendations for corrections and improvements to the e-book, and as such the e-book relies on the many people who use it to improve the content. Although the editing of the final version of the e-book is...
hgmjr
Views
Comments
I have found that half the challenge and 100% of the fun of electronics is being able to accurately predict what is happening in one's circuit. Fortunately, there are many powerful circuit analysis techniques available for use in predicting what is occuring in one's circuit. Most of these...
Proof of principle worked at Radcon 5, now we'll be rolling out the first prototype at Norwescon. I nested wo pieces of C-purlin, (2" web w/ 1/5" legs) to make a tube. I've got six adjustable lamps attached to the back (daylight CFs in them) and eight high-Kelvin color LED lamps slung below...
Dave
Views
Originally I posted this work around on the forums, I have had some positive feedback from the posts so in order to prevent it getting lost on the forums I thought it a good idea to post it up here. For those of you that might be using Matlab R2006 onwards there is a bug which means if you...
Dave
Views
The newsgroup archive is feature of the All About Circuits Forums that searches decentralized public discussion boards and replicates the discussions locally in a forum-format. Although presented in a forum-format, the newsgroup archive is not open for posting questions and answers like a...
thingmaker3
Views
Comments
All work and no play makes for a dull Thingmaker. Wiring in the basement is coming along well enough, despite the many interruptions. Work is going well enough, despite the odd customs of Planet Intel. Remodeling a lab (cable tray moving) is on tap for the morrow, followed by can-lights and...
Dave
Views
Comments
The Socratic Electronics Project is a free project of worksheets and questions designed to support the material covered in the AAC e-book. The worksheets are available to download as PDF files, and available in the following topic categories: Basic electricity DC electric circuits AC...
beenthere
Views
Comments
For the first half of my time spent doing electronics, I was mostly a technician. Just over a year's education in electronics (courtesy of the U.S. Navy), and another 15 months learning about Univac computers and some of their peripherals made up my formal background. The reason that the armed...
Dave
Views
Reaction score
Comments
Several people have asked me about downloadable versions of the e-book. All 6 volumes are available for download as PDF files: https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/assets/pdf/direct-current.pdf https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/assets/pdf/alternating-current.pdf...