Categories

hgmjr
Views
Here is the next installment in the "And Millman's Theorem" series. Keep the comments and suggestions coming. hgmjr
Dave
Views
Comments
Last night Windows Vista SP1 came through on Windows Update following an update to my sound card driver (SP1 had been held off due to a selection of conflicting drivers). Having heard some good things about SP1 I installed it and thus far everything is fine. One thing I did notice was that by...
hgmjr
Views
Comments
In the accompanying attachment, a circuit is analyzed first with Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL) and then with Millman's Theorem. The purpose is to permit the reader to compare the two techniques when applied to the identical circuit problem. Once again, I welcome any comments or suggestions on...
hgmjr
Views
I have attached the next in the "AND MILLMAN'S THEOREM" series of circuit analysis examples. This example deals with a Common Emitter Amp stage with collector-to-base feedback. As always, all comments and suggestion are welcomed. hgmjr
Dave
Views
Comments
RSS syndication is enabled here at All About Circuits. This allows you to view newly created threads in guest viewable forums without visiting the board. The feeds are currently provided for a range of services, including Google and My Yahoo. Details for individual forums are listed on our...
Dave
Views
Comments
Matlab is a very powerful numerical computing environment which enables the user to perform complex mathematical and scientific function with relative ease. One of the biggest issues with Matlab is the price of it. Students can purchase an un-upgradable version for less than $100 (~£50), however...
hgmjr
Views
Here is a derivation using Millman's Theorem of the transfer function for a passive Pi-Filter that I put together several years ago. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome. hgmjr
hgmjr
Views
Comments
Recently in the forum a member questioned if there was a member that could provide the derivation of the transfer function for a Second-order Sallen-Key bandpass Active filter. I took on the challenge and the attached document is the results of my efforts. The answer I was able to obtain using...
Dave
Views
Comments
(I originally posted this on the forums). Matlab is a proprietary numerical computing environment developed by the Mathworks which allows for matrix manipulation and mathematical analysis across a wide range of engineering and scientific disciplines. Through out my time using Matlab I have...
hgmjr
Views
Comments
Attached is a solution of the unbalanced bridge circuit example present in the allaboutcircuits.com located at the link http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_10/3.html The solution found in the AAC e-book has been solved using mesh analysis. I took on the challenge to solve the problem...
hgmjr
Views
It has always been my contention that in order for a circuit analysis tool to be of any value to me, it must be scalable. This means it needs to solve the simpliest problem as well as the most complex problem by using the same repeatable algorithm. My experience has been that Millman's...
If you consider all blogs and the string's of intelligence that may exist.Then consider the number transistor's in a super micro-proceessor. (answer) ______ give details of the question,hint genesis of electronic need. I am exploring, I am no Einstein. I do not have the perfect question for the...
Wendy
Views
Comments
When I first wrote this I had been on this forum for about a month, and had made myself known. I've been drawing like crazy for the forums, submitted a new section for the eBook (ElectroStatic Discharge), and made a fair pest myself everywhere around here. It seems I made a big enough pest that...
loosewire
Views
Comments
I Am Starting A Conversation About Reworking Printed Curcuit Boards. There Is A Global Market Already In Place And Expensive Tooling Involved. This Market Will Be Shipped Overseas If More Is Not Done To Keep It Local. While Some People Can Compet,with Math And Science,others Should Be Aware That...
Dave
Views
Comments
A couple of years back we started a thread asking for suggestions for useful websites that members have come across that have helped in all aspects of electronics, from information, learning, software etc. The original thread is one of the most viewed threads here at AAC: Useful Websites for...
beenthere
Views
Comments
I mentioned that I had a disagreement with an news article that reported that people associated Apple with innovation and IBM for something like reliability. Having delivered opinions on Apple, I start in on IBM. I do realize that the GMR head on hard drives has been an absolutely essential...
I went to the 33rd annual OKCA Knife Show yesterday. Once upon a time they billed themselves as "The largest knife show West of the Mississippi." The epithet is still accurate, but is now insufficient. "Largest knife show in America" would also be accurate, but insufficient. According to the...
hgmjr
Views
The attachment in this post is the derivation of the equation for calculating the output voltage of a 3-terminal adjustable linear voltage regulator using Millman's Theorem. All comments or questions regarding the writeup are welcomed. hgmjr
hgmjr
Views
As promised, here is a brief article showing the application of Millman's Theorem to the derivation of the gain expressions for a couple of simple opamp topologies. Any comments or questions concerning the technique I have used in the attached document are welcomed. hgmjr
Dave
Views
Many people who use Matlab might not be aware of the File Exchange over at Matlab Central. As described on the Matlab site: Files are organised into 26 different categories depending on application. Files include Matlab functions, help files, cheat-sheets, and mini-projects. These files...