Categories

retched
Views
I would really be interested in household items using I could run DC only. My parents have an old blender that has a DC motor and a huge transformer inside. The motor is an 18vDC motor which I ran successfully after removing the transformer. Speed controls and all. This was made in the 1970s...
retched
Views
I am starting an experimental power project for my home with a few cheap solar cells and a small wind turbine and a few deep-cycle batteries. One of the losses I would like to do away with is DC to AC inverters. I already have a ton of wall-wart powered devices so it makes no sense to me to...
Robin Mitchell
Views
Comments
Hi everyone, me again! I have been designing a 4 bit hybrid computer as some users here allready know. Looking back at the old 4 bit computer, thank god i did not make it, it would have been a waste of components. It had no functionality, no usefulness, could not be used for proper programs...
Robin Mitchell
Views
Comments
Ok, its done! Allthough its missing a tape drive i cant be bothered at the very moment but i will design one for those who want to use my design. Notice that the instructions and decoding is hardwired! http://www.mediafire.com/?jjgdnwa0t3y This is a zip with all the schematics. The...
Robin Mitchell
Views
Comments
Ok the computer is really starting to take shape. So, the schematics for the ALU ARE DONE!!! and will upload them in a pdf. The accumulator is also done but the main processor...well....lets just say i needs to be checked first. If someone could check it for me the just send me a message by...
I have completly redesigned the ALU after discovering i need decoupling capacators and open collectors. I am using the Eagle software to draw the schematics and convert to PCB, man....I have never used such a brilliant program for auto-routing. This thing can route ANYTHING!!!
Well I have finished the ALU design and just need to implement this to a PCB. Instead of the traditional "everything on one board" I have designed mini boards that fit in a mini shelf (i mean really small). This way its easier to find a problem and fix.
hobbyist
Views
Design: Voltage Peak detector 1. Vcc = 12v. 2. Choose VCQ1 output, = 9v. 3. Choose VBQ1 = 8v. 4. VEQ1 = 7.3v. 5. choose RCQ1 = 470 ohms. (to drive a LED output) 6. IRCQ1 = (Vcc - VCQ1) / RCQ1 = ~ 6.38 mA. 7. RE is a split resistance, between the emitter of Q1 and Q2. RE = ( REQ1 + REQ2) =...
Wendy
Views
Reaction score
Comments
LEDs, 555s, PWM, Flashers, and Light Chasers by Bill Marsden, courtesy of http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/ I'm moving this article to blog format to allow me greater flexability in editing. Please, do not comment in the blog, if you do I will delete it. If you want to leave a comment...
Page 3. If this works properly I will post this particular design page in the electronics general category for people to look at and suggest design corrections, for beginners to learn from. This can be scrutinized by people more knowledgeable to give good design suggestions so everyone starting...
PAGE 3 REDESIGN working from input to output stage. At this point I'm running into clipping problems when I add a fourth stage, I check the DC bias for each stage and the VC. is around the 1/2 VCC area. I check the Av. each individually, and I get the gains required, but coupling them is...
Ok Now I've been working on the next stage, and realizing that the Zin is dropping instead of increasing, as I try to get as much gain as possible. Probably if I were to use bypass caps. It would solve most of this but I'm trying to not have to use bypass caps. if I don't have to. My other...
mik3
Views
My first project with an ATMEL AVR microcontroller (ATMega8). I use the DS1820 digital temperature sensor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToWDsdDHvas
  As a hobbiest (NON engineer), I am designing a small signal amp in the most proper way I know how through my methods of calculations, and imperical breadboarding and measurements and tests, using a calculator breadboard and components, oscilloscope, audio signal generator, resistor sub box...
Dave
Views
If you have forgot or lost your password you can use the Lost Password Recovery Form On this form you should enter the registered email address for your user account. An email will be sent to that address shortly after entering the details with instructions for resetting your password...
This is a tutorial on basic transistor circuit design for multiple staging. This is a AC current sensor, based on a "radioshack" 12.6V. 1.2A, power transformer, used as the detector. Prepararation: Begin by taking an ordinary 60W. lamp. Wrap its cord about 4 complete turns longitudenal around...
Mark44
Views
Comments
In January of this year I bought an old motorcycle, a 1946 Harley Davidson WL. This is a civilian model of a motorcycle that HD made several hundred thousand of during WW II. The engine has two cylinders displacing 45 cu. in., in what they call a "side-valve" configuration, what I've always...
mik3
Views
Comments
This project was made by my group at Newcastle university in UK. It fades a LED while you are pressing a button. The LED has a red and green colour. It starts from the red colour and fades through several colours to green. Then it starts from red again and so on...