Blog entries by Treeman

Treeman
Views
Comments
Today my circuit straightening went very well. I love the process of electronics more. Understanding is some way off but in the mean time I embrace the double entendre of Practical Electronics.
Treeman
Views
A Luthier friend asked me to make him a simple stereo computer amp. I used the basic circuit from the LM380 datasheet . He was to make a housing out of wood but I couldn't help myself producing this as an interim 'container'. Sounds great with MP3 and with a preamp was adequate with a...
Treeman
Views
Thanks for the directions VeraCohr. I salute you. Circuit diagram is clearly visible in picture. http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/index.php?MAINTAB=SYNTHDIY&VPW=1670&VPH=751 Components: 3x Bic type pens (sadly) 1x 50v .1uf ceramic 1x 100k 1/2 W 1x 10k 1/2 W
Treeman
Views
Nichicons installed (48 secs and £4). The kenwood KA36 lives and breathes (1.5 lungs only at moment.). Mic Input gives new lease of life for duff hacked childs toy microphone. Kids and distant neighbours receive an early morning boost. Currently listening to Magma C1971. Awesome musicianship...
Treeman
Views
add me to the 555 Junkie list. OMG the kids are gonna love it! My turn my turn my turn. peeeeeeeeoowwwweeehhhhhhohhhhhschlup
Treeman
Views
No electronics Hear. :rolleyes:
Treeman
Views
Comments
One things leads to another - this is especially true in electronics. Inspired by Homer L Davidson who used a LM3909. Tragically I had to think on my feet due to it being discontinued. Homer used an ugly 90's plastic case for his - the wife was just as unimpressed with my effort...
Treeman
Views
So the amp needs a proper box and I have a penchant for hoarding scrap with a view to repurposing. Title of this post has great meaning for me. I like a pun. At the moment you can buy a 2nd hand looking new guitar (Road Worn)from the likes of Fender. All they do is scrape the paint a bit...
Just posted my ultimate bread board in Projects. It all works and I'm very happy despite a few errors in fabrication. The LEDs don't all power off at the same speed which is annoying - I guess a little bit of maths may be involved and I will need to get the resistor values right. One thing I...
Treeman
Views
Hi, this is my first ever blog and no doubt the contents will be full of first ever projects. Please bear in mind I'm a beginner in electronics, have pudgy work hardened hands, two energetic young children that and a whole load of household chores competing for my attention. I was never happy...