Blog entries by thingmaker3

thingmaker3
Views
Comments
"Engineering Student" Then - someone who learns how to desing new things by designing new things Now - someone who surfs the net begging for designs so they can get a degree without doing any work "Salesman" Then - someone skilled in presenting a product or service to potential customers...
thingmaker3
Views
Comments
With the remodel finished, and sundry parallel tasks complete or nearly complete, I decided it was time... The "omen" telling me it was indeed time was an e-mail from Powell's advising me they had a copy of a title on my "watch" list. I had the discretionary income at the time, so I brought it...
From the FCC website: Telecommunications Act of 1996 SEC. 509. ONLINE FAMILY EMPOWERMENT. Title II of the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 201 et seq.) is amended by adding at the end the following new section: `SEC. 230. PROTECTION FOR PRIVATE BLOCKING AND SCREENING OF...
I went to the 33rd annual OKCA Knife Show yesterday. Once upon a time they billed themselves as "The largest knife show West of the Mississippi." The epithet is still accurate, but is now insufficient. "Largest knife show in America" would also be accurate, but insufficient. According to the...
Proof of principle worked at Radcon 5, now we'll be rolling out the first prototype at Norwescon. I nested wo pieces of C-purlin, (2" web w/ 1/5" legs) to make a tube. I've got six adjustable lamps attached to the back (daylight CFs in them) and eight high-Kelvin color LED lamps slung below...
thingmaker3
Views
Comments
All work and no play makes for a dull Thingmaker. Wiring in the basement is coming along well enough, despite the many interruptions. Work is going well enough, despite the odd customs of Planet Intel. Remodeling a lab (cable tray moving) is on tap for the morrow, followed by can-lights and...