Blog entries by hgmjr

hgmjr
Views
Comments
I have chosen as the target circuit for this analysis an interesting AC network that was posted in the forum several months ago. If you have any questions about my method, I invite you to post your question using the comment feature of this blog. This same invitation goes for the other...
hgmjr
Views
Here is the next installment in the "And Millman's Theorem" series. Keep the comments and suggestions coming. hgmjr
hgmjr
Views
Comments
In the accompanying attachment, a circuit is analyzed first with Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL) and then with Millman's Theorem. The purpose is to permit the reader to compare the two techniques when applied to the identical circuit problem. Once again, I welcome any comments or suggestions on...
hgmjr
Views
I have attached the next in the "AND MILLMAN'S THEOREM" series of circuit analysis examples. This example deals with a Common Emitter Amp stage with collector-to-base feedback. As always, all comments and suggestion are welcomed. hgmjr
hgmjr
Views
Here is a derivation using Millman's Theorem of the transfer function for a passive Pi-Filter that I put together several years ago. As always your comments and suggestions are welcome. hgmjr
hgmjr
Views
Comments
Recently in the forum a member questioned if there was a member that could provide the derivation of the transfer function for a Second-order Sallen-Key bandpass Active filter. I took on the challenge and the attached document is the results of my efforts. The answer I was able to obtain using...
hgmjr
Views
Comments
Attached is a solution of the unbalanced bridge circuit example present in the allaboutcircuits.com located at the link http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_10/3.html The solution found in the AAC e-book has been solved using mesh analysis. I took on the challenge to solve the problem...
hgmjr
Views
It has always been my contention that in order for a circuit analysis tool to be of any value to me, it must be scalable. This means it needs to solve the simpliest problem as well as the most complex problem by using the same repeatable algorithm. My experience has been that Millman's...
hgmjr
Views
The attachment in this post is the derivation of the equation for calculating the output voltage of a 3-terminal adjustable linear voltage regulator using Millman's Theorem. All comments or questions regarding the writeup are welcomed. hgmjr
hgmjr
Views
As promised, here is a brief article showing the application of Millman's Theorem to the derivation of the gain expressions for a couple of simple opamp topologies. Any comments or questions concerning the technique I have used in the attached document are welcomed. hgmjr
hgmjr
Views
Comments
I have found that half the challenge and 100% of the fun of electronics is being able to accurately predict what is happening in one's circuit. Fortunately, there are many powerful circuit analysis techniques available for use in predicting what is occuring in one's circuit. Most of these...