Blog entries by beenthere

beenthere
Views
Comments
Being retired has some advantages. For one thing, your social security and retirement payments are not subject to an employer's whim. That means you are free to act as principle dictates. I have been volunteering at a nearby public school to help with the computers and such. Any vegetable could...
beenthere
Views
Comments
I have to have a certain respect for insects. Most of my electronic (paying) work has to do with them. But they also cause the strangest problems - especially mud daubers. For persons not living in the U.S., mud dauber is a generic term for several species of wasp that use mud to construct...
beenthere
Views
Comments
Well, I am just a technician, so maybe I just don't get it. Or maybe I want you to do the work, instead of me. My experience leads me to believe that you only learn something by actually doing it. If it's knowledge, you read the material. If it's a circuit, you only get the experience...
beenthere
Views
Comments
The very great deal of interest in obtaining greater mileage from gasoline through water electrolysis has been interesting to try to investigate. I have had to dismiss most claims as pure hogwash, as the "science" behind the invention is either so garbled as to be made up, or else pure...
beenthere
Views
Comments
I followed advice and combined the articles looking at the D9.pdf on "free energy". Just follow this link - http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=14396. I'm not going to bother posting the link to this site, but while looking over the many websites that purport to having devices to...
beenthere
Views
Comments
I got a bit irritated by the claims for a particular device that is supposed to let one electrolyze water at a rate 1000 times greater than physics says is possible. The article, the D9.pdf - http://pesn.com/2007/09/29/9500450_B...r_Plans/d9.pdf- is full is nonsensical claims. The electronics...
beenthere
Views
Comments
Last time, I mentioned Chief M., an abusive type so bad that we got a sympathy card from his last command, and the "fun" the display techs had with him. I was also put off by the man, so I had to butt heads when it seemed appropriate (daily). He always came in at the same time, so I could be...
beenthere
Views
Comments
Well, it has been some time. My advice is to never get involved in a patenting process. It eats time with no guarantee of any success. Some years ago while I was still in the Navy, I was at a shore duty station. This was pure luck, as it came after my 2 1/2 years of training. I would have...
beenthere
Views
Comments
I mentioned that I had a disagreement with an news article that reported that people associated Apple with innovation and IBM for something like reliability. Having delivered opinions on Apple, I start in on IBM. I do realize that the GMR head on hard drives has been an absolutely essential...
beenthere
Views
Comments
For the first half of my time spent doing electronics, I was mostly a technician. Just over a year's education in electronics (courtesy of the U.S. Navy), and another 15 months learning about Univac computers and some of their peripherals made up my formal background. The reason that the armed...